Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 18]

26 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:


Bag of crappy frozen meatballs.Make a meatball casserole.lol...

Oh look! ... and it even has an Italian four leaf clover growing in the middle!
Looks good to me anyway... bounce

27 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Barbara101

avatar
bethk wrote:I stopped buying any of those frozen meatballs.  They all tasted like mushy styrofoam to me.

But it looks like your attempt to 'fix' 'em might just work.  


I don't either anymore..yuck..I figured enough cheese it will taste ok.. Rolling Eyes

28 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Supper for me was a ham and cheese on white toast.

Poor Tina had some little green sponges on a plastic stick to wet her lips.
Tomorrow they will give her jello, and liquids, and she is glad they are taking out the catheter.
She is doing good, still with pain, but that is normal.

29 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Tell her we're sending 'good' thoughts....

Still in our prayers.

It won't be long before she'll be back to her old self!

30 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:40 am

Crybaby

avatar
I'm praying for both you and Tina, Jimmy. Glad to hear everything went well and will pray that she gets home and gets back to her old self sooner rather than later.

Thanks for letting us all know how she's doing.

31 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:46 am

Crybaby

avatar
Beth, your chicken nugget plate looked yummy.

And Norm, so did your steak, salad and potato photo. Really made me want a baked potato (I have some potatoes on hand so I might make myself one tomorrow; Brian loves his meat but not potatoes -- go figure). I really struggle with vegetables the man will enjoy.

32 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:59 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Thank you Michelle... and Beth. and all.

I told her you were all asking about her. She is so thankful of that.

She called me tonight, and she Passed some air. She is so happy. I told her, well at least the crazy glue worked. hahahahaha.... She laughed. She is tired though. They will probably get her moving and walking tomorrow. That will get all that air out from the surgery.
She is also in a private room,,,,which is good as far as privacy goes. She has her cell phone with her which is good, because the phone in her room is on the stand and she can't reach it now.

33 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:Beth, your chicken nugget plate looked yummy.

And Norm, so did your steak, salad and potato photo.  Really made me want a baked potato (I have some potatoes on hand so I might make myself one tomorrow; Brian loves his meat but not potatoes -- go figure).  I really struggle with vegetables the man will enjoy.  

Thanks Michelle, for mentioning steak!! And with that mention, a Bell Went off.... *Boing*..... I almost forgot No MEAT TOMORROW ( for us anyway )
Now I have to make notes on post its, and put them on the fridge!
Thank You!

34 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar



NO MEAT TODAY!!!

35 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:24 am

Crybaby

avatar
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

NO MEAT TODAY!!!  

Only you, Jimmy, would be looking at a picture of a big juicy steak when you can't have one! You crack me up!

How far is the hospital from your house, Jimmy? I hope you don't have to travel very far.

36 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

NO MEAT TODAY!!!  

Only you, Jimmy, would be looking at a picture of a big juicy steak when you can't have one!  You crack me up!

How far is the hospital from your house, Jimmy?  I hope you don't have to travel very far.  

The hospital is an hour east of here. We have a little town hospital here, but Atlantic Medical Center has all the better surgeons and facilities and technology ....
Here, if you have a baby, or a broken leg...it can handle it. Any major complications...it sends them to Morristown Hospital.

37 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Tomorrow is a busy day here ~ I just don't understand it.....when we were working we never seemed to have so much stuff planned for a single day.  This 'retired' life schedule is exhausting!

Dane has to leave by 7 a.m. for a golf outing.  Then our neighbor & I (non-golfers) will drive to the club to meet them for lunch at noon.  As soon as we can, Dane & I have to scoot out and get back home to pack up our contributions to the family pot luck at his sister's in Palatka (about 1-1/4 hour drive).  Another sister from Ohio is going to be visiting for her annual Florida study vacation (she comes to Florida for horse massage classes).  So, Dane's brothers & sisters use her visit as an opportunity to have an annual 'family reunion' of sorts.

I'm taking old fashioned desserts.  Seems his sisters missed the Strawberry Pretzel Dessert craze in the 1970's ~ oh, yeah, they were both babies then.  LOL  I'm also going to make my grandma's Lemon Sunshine Cake (lemon chiffon cake) and serve it with a blueberry sauce that I made yesterday.  It's always been my favorite cake, EVER, and one I don't mind making from scratch.

I just layered the sweetened cream cheese / CoolWip layer on the Pretzel layer and decided to add a container of blueberries to my Jello Strawberry layer. I love to adjust these recipes to my tastes and preferences.....and I think sliced strawberries and blueberries mixed together are very pretty, especially glistening in the Strawberry Jello!



Last edited by bethk on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

38 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:14 am

Barbara101

avatar
and she Passed some air. She is so happy

geek I can relate.I have had 4 surgery's and the gas is very painful.You just wish for a huge fart..

39 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:40 am

Barbara101

avatar
Busy for me too Beth.

I used to never ever open my door,kids,Church people,salesmen.etc..Gloria knows to say hey its me lol...Griller guy (tim) knocks really hard guess he thinks at my age I can not hear.. Shocked around 8 or later at night and it is  for the most part Sat or Sunday.SO..

yesterday around 6 still light out, bang bang bang..I have ordered some stuff so I thought it was that..UPS..Nope...

2 young men and he went right into his sales pitch..fast and furious lol...AT&T direct TV..I was ready to say No Thanks when he said free.$200 visa card and my bill would be Less then $70...3 months of movie channel etc etc..  I was hooked..oh and $10 off cause I have iphone with them.

I thought oh crap what have I done????? But I have been told it is a good thing..TWC sucks..

Between now and Monday 11am,I have do major cleaning lol..The cable box is behind tons of crap I keep sending to the once office..   Then onto my bedroom,piled high here and there with clothes and piles of shoes..

I have been wanting a new TV for there,but held off cause after 15 minutes I fall asleep..But maybe now with something to watch,I may get a new one.That one is really old,I bought it for my Mom nursing home room.$100.cheapie..works just fine ..19' I think..Might upgrade up to inch or two bigger..HA..

Son said oh I like D/tv..you are ok..THEN I remembered I could not work his remote..Hated that thing..

Something digging in my flower pots ,,dirt everywhere,squirrel I guess.

have fun ...yes you are busy. Glad it is not me..lol

Oh and I used his Ipad..PIA..nope do not want one...

40 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:05 am

Bugster2

avatar
Gut surgery can really stop everything from working. It is great that she is passing gas. Roomie had gut surgery and blew up like a balloon. She had to have something called a Harris flush to get deflated. It is going to take at least 6 weeks before she starts to feel normal again. Those pain meds can be hell too. They can stop up the plumbing. Maybe the doctor has something that can keep her insides moving. It reminds me of a quote from the book "All Creatures Great and Small". The quote was from a farmer in reference to a sick cow: "Keep the bowels open and have faith in God".

41 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am

NormM

avatar
I hope everything works out Jimmy.  Yesterday Google Fiber installed their system in our house.  There was about a 2 year wait before our area came into their service area.  Late last year they installed fiber cable to the curb and a couple months ago ran it to the house.  Yesterday they brought it in and we finally got rid of Xfinity (Com Cast)  I have come to really dislike them and was glad to get rid of them.  Google fiber isn't any cheaper-well a little cheaper- but there are sooooo many more channels on the TV and it's all high def.  Computer speeds are  a lot faster too.  A LOT. Charlie is taking Cocast equipment back today. At the beginning of this year they raised the price then a little later found out I wasn't getting all the channels I used to. I found out that they quietly raised those to a more expensive tier.  I was so glad when Google Fiber set an appointment to install their system.  It isn't available everywhere yet. We are lucky to be in one of the few cities where it is being installed.

At the beginning of this year they raised prices again. A little later I found out that they had quietly moved some channels I used to watch to a higher tier. I was quite happy to get rid of them. I never knew how many channels I was't getting before yesterday and haven't watched much TV since moving to KC because the selection was so limited.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

42 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Tomorrow is a busy day here ~ I just don't understand it.....when we were working we never seemed to have so much stuff planned for a single day.  This 'retired' life schedule is exhausting

Beth.... You need a secretary, a Sou Chef, and a Delivery Driver for all that. LOL

I was ready for a Nap just reading all about yours and Danes Adventures to come. I'm sure you will have a great time though! And after it's all over.....back to cooking for two again. Either that, or do take out for a couple days. tongue

43 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Barbara101

avatar
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:Tomorrow is a busy day here ~ I just don't understand it.....when we were working we never seemed to have so much stuff planned for a single day.  This 'retired' life schedule is exhausting

Beth.... You need a secretary, a Sou Chef, and a Delivery Driver for all that. LOL

I was ready for a Nap just reading all about yours and Danes Adventures to come. I'm sure you will have a great time though! And after it's all over.....back to cooking for two again. Either that, or do take out for a couple days.  tongue



Me too lol..it is all done for me when I go grocery shopping..

44 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:Between now and Monday 11am,I have do major cleaning lol..The cable box is behind tons of crap I keep sending to the once office..   Then onto my bedroom,piled high here and there with clothes and piles of shoes..

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (No way can you have more piles of clothes and shoes that Miss Tina Has ) .... OMG! it is funny in a way. She's got the pants that fit pile....then the pants that don't fit piles. Then the give to someone pile, and the shoes?? OMG... All stacked or sat under the bed. Under my bed...a few pots and pans where I stub my toes, or they get jammed in the gears of the electric bed up and down levers.

I call it "Tina's Clothing Jungle!"..... Tons of that stuff was when Gabe moved in with us, and it was a rush to empty his room to paint it, and ready it for his transition to live here with us. ( well now he lives in the house of the good shepherd ) He can sxxt the floor like a sheep there from now on! hahahaha

And what does poor old man jimmy have for storage?? One little closet for my clothes and she flips out when I don't hang my robe in the closet. Ha Ha ...I would, if I could get through the jungle of clothes. Plus I have to walk and shuffle sideways sometimes. So don't feel bad. You're not the only one!

45 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Barbara101

avatar
don't know about dinner..Wings on sale last week so I bought 3 huge trays ..

might just put them in the oven..IDK...

46 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Barbara101

avatar
what is so funny, I used to be so anal about keeping everything just so. Very very organized.I could get dressed in the dark cause I knew where everything was. Folded just perfect and all lined up, padded hangers all facing in one direction..Shoes and handbags just so...The linen closet the same way.fabric lined shelves and folded to the right .lol..Bathroom so organized too. Kids used to say,whatever you do don't use the towels and the washrags that are for decor..I mean I was Martha Stewart..

Now lol lol...all piled up and a mess.I have got to the point,whats the point lol...with age came lazy to deal with it..

Plus this is the smallest place I have ever lived and I have no room for anything.. No

47 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:01 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
The best thing I ever did was auction off 85% of all our posessions. We hoarded stuff for years, 'someday we'll need that'. Well, now that it's gone, I don't miss it. I love not having a bunch of junk laying around and stored here and there.

48 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:I hope everything works out Jimmy.  Yesterday Google Fiber installed their system in our house.  There was about a 2 year wait before our area came into their service area.  Late last year they installed fiber cable to the curb and a couple months ago ran it to the house.  Yesterday they brought it in and we finally got rid of Xfinity (Com Cast)  I have come to really dislike them and was glad to get rid of them.  Google fiber isn't any cheaper-well a little cheaper- but there are sooooo many more channels on the TV and it's all high def.  Computer speeds are  a lot faster too.  A LOT. Charlie is taking Cocast equipment back today. At the beginning of this year they raised the price then a little later found out I wasn't getting all the channels I used to. I found out that they quietly raised those to a more expensive tier.  I was so glad when Google Fiber set an appointment to install their system.  It isn't available everywhere yet. We are lucky to be in one of the few cities where it is being installed.

At the beginning of this year they raised prices again.  A little later I found out that they had quietly moved some channels I used to watch to a higher tier.  I was quite happy to get rid of them. I never knew how many channels I was't getting before yesterday and haven't watched much TV since moving to KC because the selection was so limited.

Thanks Norm. All went well with Tina. She's comming home tomorrow; so they say so far!

I wish we had Verizon Fios. Fiber Optic. We have Xfinity cable for internet and phone plus the TV's. The cable is from the 60's original from pole to pole, and all deteriorated. They never replaced any of it that we had ever seen or known of.

Last year, we had boxing on some TV's and stuttering of the signal. The guy came out and said, the cable drop to the homes in the area were so weathered, and dry rotted, and patched from squirrel chews, and they had to replace all that to the house. Their expense ... Even now, we have the highest tier, and internet speed, but during the day, it is slow, and we get a lot of drop off line problems.
At night like around 10 PM till 6 AM in the morning, the internet is really fast.
They said sometimes, the Trunks?? whatever, get overloaded, and they have to pause the internet service to handle the loads of heavy trunk use, and switch it between two or more trunk paths. Then they look for inactivity, and stop loading the pages. That Rots. Problem is, we have no competition here; except for satellite tv.

49 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Barbara101

avatar
bethk wrote:The best thing I ever did was auction off 85% of all our posessions.  We hoarded stuff for years, 'someday we'll need that'.  Well, now that it's gone, I don't miss it.  I love not having a bunch of junk laying around and stored here and there.



I most likely will not ever get to that point. I cherish my stuff lol..

50 Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:22 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
And right there is the word that finally got into my brain: " * S * T * U * F * F * "

It's just stuff.

It was just taking up space.

If our kids wanted it, if it meant something to them, they had to take it. It makes me good to feel free of worrying about what to do with it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum