Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 A HUGE WELCOME on Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 am

Barbara101

Admin
To Our Friends..

Just a little info.

To make a new post in a thread you want, click on NOUVEAU..

To make your info page like you want, click on your name at the top right..Avatar etc..

Also the Notifications is telling you, who & what reply's were for you.

This format is very user friendly..

As for posting your pictures, I just copy code from photobucket.

We have given you many areas to post in, but if you want something that isn't here, let us know.

I will be adding more smiley faces.. I love those little guys Razz bounce

so just jump in. Look around... It is a work in progress.

I hope you all will sit back & feel free to chit chat, chew the fat, post awesome food (or not lol)

Beth and I Welcome you with open arms.. I love you

Barb..

2 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Tue May 07, 2013 8:10 am

cookingirl

Yay!!! I am here!! cheers

Thanks guys for starting this.. Now we need more people!!!

Have to think of something for supper??!!!!

more grocery shopping..it is soo hard to plan for healthy, fresh food when you shop once a week!! Rolling Eyes

3 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Tue May 07, 2013 1:17 pm

NormM

I'm here too. Nothing new to report though.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 am

LisaSD

Lisa's in Da House! It won't be long before others follow! Will this forum have a section for "Members Only" like C.com?

5 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 am

bethk

LisaSD wrote:Will this forum have a section for "Members Only" like C.com?

Hahahaha !

Lisa, you ask that question as if to imply Barb and I have a clue of how to do something like that.....

As it is right now, you have to be a registered member to make posts.

But I am sincerely happy to have you here! I think we're going to have a great time.

6 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 7:15 am

Barbara101

Admin
you have to be a registered member to make posts..

A INVITED registered member ..We are not public for now,nor we might never be .

Happy you made it over here to our little humble forum..

7 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am

cookingirl

Welcome Lisa!!!!
the gangs' coming over!!!! bounce

8 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 9:38 am

jetfan27

Just got here. Haven't had time to peruse, but I like what I see so far. Thank you for the invite. Heading back to Knoxville tomorrow. Mom seems to doing OK.

9 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 am

bethk

jetfan - you've been in my thoughts and prayers every day.

When your life settles down please stop by to visit. I can't wait to see some of your newest creations! (you'll note our bread forum is **blank** and in anticipation of your arrival)

All my best to your Mom, sister, wife and all.

10 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Thu May 09, 2013 2:26 pm

cookingirl

jetfan27 wrote:Just got here. Haven't had time to peruse, but I like what I see so far. Thank you for the invite. Heading back to Knoxville tomorrow. Mom seems to doing OK.

JetFan,
I am so glad to see you here. Welcome! cheers bom

11 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 am

bethk

I just got notice Evelyn has joined our little group.....WELCOME !!!!

Jimmy has kept us up to date on your treatment progress and we're so very happy you are feeling up to joining in the fun.

I have to tell you, the pictures Jimmy shared reminded me of so many things I have not made in a long time...perfect ideas to make and take to the "patio parties" I'll be attending when I get back to our villa in the fall.  I've made a mental note but will probably ask for your ideas again as the time gets closer.  

So glad to have you here, Evelyn !

12 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just got notice Evelyn has joined our little group.....WELCOME !!!!

Jimmy has kept us up to date on your treatment progress and we're so very happy you are feeling up to joining in the fun.

I have to tell you, the pictures Jimmy shared reminded me of so many things I have not made in a long time...perfect ideas to make and take to the "patio parties" I'll be attending when I get back to our villa in the fall.  I've made a mental note but will probably ask for your ideas again as the time gets closer.  

Oh Great! That is good news.

13 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just got notice Evelyn has joined our little group.....WELCOME !!!!

OK... I was asked by Evelyn to post this for her. She is having difficulty copy pasting with her new iPad she is using temporarily in Texas.
It is hard for me to help her, because I don't have an iPad. The kids may know, so for now, until she gets it straightened out, I am posting this under my Name..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Cooking Friends,
    Just a little note to (re)introduce myself....I was ERead on the Cooking.com forum...a retired teacher of 34 years all in first grade! I loved it!

Uncle Jimmy (and his wife, Tina) and I have been email friends for a couple of years now. I have adopted him as my little brother since I lost my only sibling, Walter, on Oct. 1, 1999 of the same lung cancer that I am fighting. He smoked, I never did.  Jimmy has helped me with suggestions for fixing things at home just as Walter did!
    Anyway, I have been spending most of my computer time researching medical info since Feb. 2009 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 and wasn't able to visit Cooking.com. I do remember the names of the former members in this new forum and just became the newest member. I am from Long Island, NY but am staying with my "niece" in TX where I have come for chemo. On Tuesday, I begin my second cycle of six planned but, except for feeling tired, I am in high spirits and feeling well! My niece is an excellent nurse so I am being well taken care of!
     Jimmy has posted some of the foods I have prepared while staying here. Suz and Louie have threatened to keep me here forever!  They and their two small dogs ( the dogs have chosen to sleep with ME!!!!)  have made me feel right at home. I have been in TX  since May 13 and am not the least bit homesick!
    I remember a program years ago...Life Begins at 80. Well, for me, Life Begins at 71!  I made my first airplane flight, got my first cell phone (I did have a Tracfone), my first iPad, my first debit card, my first trip to Texas, my first chemo.... In my head I am still a sharp and witty 21 but, with a degenerative spine and a walker to get around, I am stuck in the body of someone 124! LOL!  
    I am looking forward to having you for my cooking friend...a great name for this forum!
            Evelyn Read

14 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:42 pm

bethk

Goodness, Evelyn but its good to have you here. And I just hope to have your spirit and great outlook, as well as your sense of adventure, when I'm 71!!!

You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your treatment to purge your body of the nasties. Please feel free to chat about anything that comes to mind....we love to have friends stop by whenever the mood strikes.

15 Re: A HUGE WELCOME on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Great Grandma Evelyn

Thank you, "little brother" Jimmy, for sending my post to the forum and thank you, Beth, for the welcome! I have been enjoying the posts while waiting to become a member. How long has cooking.com been closed? I wonder if there is any way to retrieve some of the old recipes that were posted. I had copied and pasted many of them and printed them. I even bought many folders with the idea of sorting them out into little cookbooks...all Chinese, all beef, all chicken, all appetizers, all soups, etc. Did the members know about this forum or did this forum come after?C It would be nice to be able to let them know that cooking friends does exist. There were many who posted wonderful recipes! Thank you, Jimmy, for telling me about it!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum