Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I added this today

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I added this today Empty I added this today Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 pm

NormM

NormM

We had been keeping potatoes and onions in separate cabinets where they would get mixed in with other things and so to keep them out and mere accessible, Charlie put them in bags and hung them by the door into the kitchen. It was easy to get to them that way but it wasn't very attractive. I saw something on line that was similar to this so went to a hardware store, then to Marshall's and got the stuff shown here. I also got a metal can with a lid for dry cat food in the garage that I think mice are being attracted to.

I added this today DSCN3296_zpsrp5kzq3b

It's dark out so I didn't get as good a picture as I will tomorrow but I wanted to share this now.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2I added this today Empty Re: I added this today Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That is more 'out of the way' than the hanging baskets I've seen used for storing onions/garlic/etc.

Everything will be convenient, yet out of the way. Nice.

3I added this today Empty Re: I added this today Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:54 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

cool cheers

4I added this today Empty Re: I added this today Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Looks super, Norm.

We had the same problem though mostly with onions (Brian's not a potato guy so if I have them on hand, I usually know it and am planning something with them). I have a large white wrought iron baker's rack holding primarily cookbooks in an alcove in my kitchen so I bought a really cool looking large "smiling face" terracotta pot on human-looking feet that holds a couple of net bags worth of yellow onions. I keep it on the floor in front of the baker's rack. It's been serving us well for more than a year now and the onions get to breathe so they don't rot very quickly, which is what I was looking for. Since the onions are visible, we tend to not run out very often now (I find it hard to cook anything without onions and garlic), which was also part of the plan.

Your getup looks really good and provides easier access than my "planter"...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum