Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Artie is very sick

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Artie is very sick Empty Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Call me crazy but I spent all afternoon with my cat, Artie, in the emergency Vet yesterday.
He has not been feeling well for about 2 weeks now.
Took him to the Vet then, cannot figue out what was wrong, but gave him an antibiotic just in cast..Thought it may be a urinary tract infection.
He seemed to be improving.
Thrusday morning was his last pill. He seemed kind of out of it Saturday morning, kind of hiding.
Yesterday, just as I was leaving the house, he howled, ran in a corner and vomiting all his food from the morning. He took 2 steps, howled again and vomiting more. He then got about 6 feet away, howled and vomited again. He never did that before. He also howled when I took him out side in the morning--I thought he wanted to go in.
He talks but never howls. This was like in pain.
Took him to e-Vet, (on Sunday, no one open)
They did blood tests, showed either early kidney failure or an obstruction. Did an ultrasound, and got a urine sample. They also gave him some fluids cuz he was dehydrated and it is not good for his kidneys. Sent him home with some meds to keep his pathway open. and gave him a shot for vomiting. On the way home,He peed and pooped in his carrier!
He ate like a pig when we got home! Good I thought--but he stunk really bad.. I tried cleaning him.
No pee last night.
Got up this morning and went to hug him. His entire back, including legs were soaking wet and smelt like pee. I tried to wash him--Ever try to give a cat a bath? by yourself? What a Face

He was acting strangely, thought it was because I washed him. No pee yet. Sad
But he has been running to the liter box with full blow diarrhea!! Sad

I absolutely have to go to work tomorrow. I took Friday off because of my shoulder--had an injection and could not work on Friday.
I have to run home and take him back to the Vet tonight.. I hope he will be ok during the day and that my house will be ok...
It smells like cat pee in here----never did before...I do not know what to do...

I am afraid/know that Artie is a very sick boy...
I do not know what to do.. Crying or Very sad
He is such a sweet guy...my cuddle bug/buddie

May be my super can check on him during the day? She has a cat also.. Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If my dad was here I could say that I had to take the day off for him..but now.....they would not understand and I am already on shakey ground there. Did not even understand when I took 1/2 day off for my cousin's funeral.. Crying or Very sad

Please wish me luck......and good thoughts---for my poor kitty..

2Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Artie is very sick 3561122519 I hope he is ok.

mine did that.seems she had crystals in her urine.vet said from eating dry cat food.

oh I know about bathing a cat lol. not fun.Plus I can't give them a pill.

sure hope he is ok.. Artie is very sick 911454047

3Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks, Barbara! Artie is very sick 3561122519
I had my Super check on ARtie today. Maria is so nice and kind...He was ok! Smile Maria checked on him 3 times today..
Called the vet at the place where I normally take him. She had gotten all the reports from the e-vet. Could not understand the 'early kidney failure" diagnosis. She also discussed everything with his regular Vet. She is perplexed also.
Called E-Vet to get the results of urine. No crystals!!??
We are stopping the meds..will follow up with his reg Vet about food...
No more diarrhea today!
He is so much better--is eating really good.
The e-vet said that it could have been a virus!! Shocked
HuH!??
Thank you so much for listening to me.. Artie is a very sweet boy. I have come to the conclusion that I adopted a 'sickly' cat. He is mine. it is just like when you adopt a child..you do not know what you are getting.. but you still love them and care for them...

Thanks again Barb and everyone else who has read this... I love you I love you

4Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Big Hug for you Cyn Artie is very sick 911454047

I Artie will get well soon.. and you have to take care of yourself too
Artie is very sick 3561122519

5Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks, Imelda...
I am taking care of myself...I may sound frazzled--well, I am, but I can do.. all I need is another person to help.. My Super is so sweet...
Tonight, after I took care of Artie, I swept and washed the great room. Have to deal with his carrier tomorrow (yuk)
He still smells a bit 'pee-ey". I do not want to stress him by washing him again. He did a pretty good job today of doing that, himself....Artie was washing every time Maria checked on him.
I love you I love you I love you
this is how I feel Arrow (round in circles)

6Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 pm

NormM

NormM

I am so glad he is doing OK. It sounded really glum before.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

7Artie is very sick Empty Re: Artie is very sick Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I do not want to stress him by washing him again.

cyn you could try to powder him.use a medicated one .or just baking soda..

Both my 'girls' have the itch so bad. Bad to place to live if your babies have allergy to flea bites.they chem chew them self really bad no matter what I put on them or any flea meds.oh flea meds work they kill the fleas AFTER they bite.

I put powder on both of them. it cools them.plus it drys out their greasy hair & they smell better lol.

I can find thousand uses for baking soda..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum