Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dinners in January, 2016

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

126 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Seafood pot pie for DH and Roomie tonight. I think I will have scrambled eggs.

Can't beat the edible; incredible, egg! I always say!...or is it ? incredible; edible egg?....sunny

I could go for a nice three egg omelet for breakfast tomorrow.
I may even save time by dicing mushrooms and onions, and bacon, and cheese bits; so It will make it quicker to make them. Some diced tomatoes would be nice, but I would have to used canned, diced tomatoes; drained of liquid, and toweled dry.

Ummmm. I could smell the toast and the coffee, and the hot pepper sauce for me at least...

Sorry.... I should have gone to the breakfast thread.

127 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:59 am

bethk

Admin
I want crab cakes....darn, Barb.

You always make me want things I don't have. Only crab I can find is the pasturized and last time I got that it tasted fishy. I ended up tossing the whole thing.

I should look for some crab legs ! That would satisfy my craving. Yeah, maybe I'll see if there are some on sale. or maybe not.

128 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:24 am

Barbara101

Oh I have loads of crab legs . In the freezer !!!

129 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Bugster2

Out here crab legs run around $15/lb. What do they cost near you?

130 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 pm

bethk

Admin
I can find small - mid size Snow Crab legs for around $8/lb.

King Crab is $32-$35/lb.

131 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Bugster2

The king crab is $15. The snow crab is about half the price. I have never tasted it. Does it taste similar to king?

132 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Barbara101

I don't even remember lol I put the bag in the freezer and forgot them . I know I did prosy $35. Yikes !

BTW tomorrow Iam going to Lowes to buy a frost free stand up freezer on sale for under $500. 17 is the size .Should be the right size . I will give the old one to neighbor if she wants it.

Oh and I had crab I my freezer too .Think it was $15 for lump.

133 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Barbara101

Not lol auto correct !!

134 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

My niece who lives in MD, is going to ship us these famous great crab cake frozen to make from a place in Glen Bernie on Ritchie Highway, that ships the mix in dry ice.
I can't wait....they are so good!

135 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Barbara101

I am going to order stone crabs from Fla . I can make Maryland stylecrabcakes

136 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:51 pm

bethk

Admin
I took a pic of supper with my cell phone but didn't check to be sure it was in photobucket before we ate....and, wouldn't you know it, POOF! it's not there.....

So, picture this in your head:

Two grilled naked burgers with two fat slices of onion, also grilled. Then a pile of fresh steamed green beans and a mound of sautéed zucchini, yellow squash & onions.

It was surprisingly satisfying without a lot of carbs....go figure.

((but, boy am I ever craving something sweet or savory......like a loaf of French bread slathered in butter))

137 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Barbara101

Burger no bun lol...mushroom and onion gravy topper..

138 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Barbara101

((but, boy am I ever craving something sweet or savory......like a loaf of French bread slathered in butter))

Me too.  pot roast for tomorrow ..With a small piece of crusty great bread or roll ... cheers

139 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:35 pm

bethk

Admin
Gee, Barb, we had VERY similar meals yet again.....

Instead of the mushroom gravy, I had grilled onion on my burger and the green beans....yes, very close indeed!

And I had leftover rice that I could have had.....but refrained from because I was trying really hard to keep my calorie count down so I wouldn't exceed my 1,200 allowable "myfitnesspal.com" daily calorie allowance. It's a new eating game suggested by DD#1. I don't think I'll play the game long but I should give it a chance for a while.

140 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Barbara101

lol rice...Maggie has the poops today.I did not have brown rice so made some white and boiled some gd beef..Then I decided I needed a scoop..Ha..

141 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyones meals look great.
I had mahi mahi fish...( too dry ) and pork fried rice leftover from the Chinese take out the other night.

Tina had pasta with a meatball, and but hardly ate. She's having potato chips with sour cream now. She is at least moving a little, and took a nice soaking bath in lavender oils.
Very relaxing she says!

Tina wants a meatloaf for tomorrow, but she will have to make it if she feels up to it! If I make it, it will be good, but she will fing something wrong; like too hard, and or too much seasoning etc.
We shall see.

142 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper ( Suzans Meatballs ), all in the baking casserole pan, and swimming in cream of mushroom soup, ready to bake tonight.
Green beans, and Yucon gold mashed potatoes.

143 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Niagara Visitor

First time dinner for me tonight. I am making a Cornish hen with a spicy/sweet salsa.

144 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:20 pm

bethk

Admin
Niagara Visitor wrote:First time dinner for me tonight. I am making a Cornish hen with a spicy/sweet salsa.

that sounds good to me. I like fruity/spicy/sweet salsas with poultry.

145 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:26 pm

bethk

Admin
I had my mouth all set for some stuffed pasta. Was sure I had a casserole in the freezer. Looked and looked and ended up pulling out a 'MYSTERY' casserole. Somehow, the label disappeared and I didn't know what it was until it was thawed.....SURPRISE !! Chicken, Vegetable & Noodle Casserole.

So, I added some stale Goldfish cracker crumbs I smashed up and said, "Supper's ON!"

Actually, it was pretty good. Especially since I didn't have a clue what it was when I took it out of the freezer. LOL

Oh, and to 'bulk it up with vegetables' I added about 2 cups of leftover beans and zucchini from last night. Two birds with one stone, so to speak. Now I don't have leftover veg in the refrigerator that I have to figure out what to do with.....

146 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Barbara101

Looks good. I do that too. I bulk buy steaks and rewrap them,then when I look at them,I have no clue what they are.. scratch

Made pot roast today.. Hummmm wonder where I got that notion..

Not hungry right now..I will plate it in awhile.

147 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:First time dinner for me tonight. I am making a Cornish hen with a spicy/sweet salsa.

that sounds good to me.  I like fruity/spicy/sweet salsas with poultry.

It was really good. I have not done sweet/spicy salsas before, but will again. This was Kiwi fruit, peach, pineapple, jalapenio, cilantro (I don't like cilantro so used curly parsley) Lime zest and juice. I think next time I will add some sweet onion.

Cornish hen was good, I butterflied it and ate only half. More for tomorrow!

148 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Barbara101

149 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Susans Meatballs ..... GD enjoying them! She loves mushrooms.
Tina was up to making them, but she is exhausted now!

150 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Really looks so warming and succulent Barb. Those onions, right? I think they are pearl onions? .... I love onions ...red ....yellow...Spanish...scallions....basically all kinds! ....But do you know, I cannot eat them pearl onions. I don't know what it is, but no matter how they are cooked, I get very sick after eating them.

I've tried them several times, but whatever they are, I cannot eat them. No

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum