Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dinners in January, 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 19]

101 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Barbara101

102 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Niagara Visitor

cookingirl wrote:wow--stay safe Bugster!!! Please!!!  That is a seriously strong quake!

Not sure about supper. Do not feel like cooking. Have not slept well for a few nights.. lots of stuff on my mind....

I think I may go out to the nearest '99" for a burger or such...

I have friends being Canadian snowbirds somewhere near Palm Desert. They just had their first "earth rattling" experience.

103 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Bugster2

It was just a jolt. Nothing major. But I suppose it can be unnerving if you have never felt one before.

104 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It was just a jolt. Nothing major. But I suppose it can be unnerving if you have never felt one before.

Maybe it was Kim Jong Dung shooting off his Hydrogen bomb? hahahahahaha. I may have set a shock over the Pacific. affraid

105 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy as much shopping and food you have in your house, you could cook and eat for months and never leave the house. Why are eatting carry out? I don't  understand !!! Sorry none of my business ...

Because ... it's way too much to make Chili for just a small amount, and we don't eat or want to eat leftovers too much.
Tina was there at the deli, picking up Subs and sandwiches to cut up for New Years, and he had chili cooking; so she called me to see if I wanted to try it. Smile

I never turn down trying someone else's cooking.

It's like you know how Jimmy doesn't like chicken, but one day, Weis Market had these chicken pop corn nuggets fried so so crispy, and so T brought some home for me. It was so good, and crunchy, and not greasy. Go figure...they don't make them any more. They were not a great seller the guy at the deli said. They were too dry, and well done.... Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!..... I lose!

106 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had frozen uncooked halupkie ( stuffed cabbages ), so I tomato topped them, and baked them in the toaster oven.
That got as much enthusiasm as stepping in dog chit and finding it all over the car gas pedal. Poor Tina....that's all she does is sleep. Her nose looks like a Camels nose; all drippy and raw.

We have chili that was bought 5 day's ago from Piggy's Deli. So for me, supper is sitting for whomever wants it.

When I get one of those runny colds, I take a tube of Chapstick and run it around the skin on my nose. Everytime I blow I re-apply it. It really helps the nose from getting raw and scabby.

I was wondering and I forgot her user name, the woman who had the pulmonary hypertension, does anyone know how she is doing?

"Crybaby" is the one. Haven't heard from her in months?????
I just love listening to her funny stories... Michelle from New Orleans LA.

107 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 pm

bethk

Admin
I blew up my calorie count at lunch (had an Applebee's Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad) so my supper was pretty sparce....but it was good. Mr. Amazing had 8 'drummies' with his favorite hot sauce soaked into the grilled wings....he said it's always good when your lips burn before your meal is over! LOL

108 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Barbara101

That salad is good..As a rule Applebees does not have great food.

109 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Barbara101

fixin crab cakes..

110 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:07 pm

bethk

Admin
Barbara101 wrote:That salad is good..As a rule Applebees does not have great food.

I didn't realize it had almost 1,300 calories.....I'm trying to stay below 1,200 for the whole day. Geesh!

Maybe I'll be better tomorrow.

Protein for breakfast (I'll probably repeat today's since I don't want my berries to go to waste)

Lunch will NOT be calorie laden, although it's a movie & lunch day. I will be better tomorrow.

Don't have a clue about supper.....maybe I can convince 'him' to plan on cheese & crackers and we'll call it a night.

((doubtful))

LOL

111 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Here you go..Cheese and crackers..lol...

112 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Bugster2

Are you having a party?

113 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Barbara101

No Lol

114 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm crippled up today. Pulled the left sciatic nerve....
It's hard to walk without pain.

Tina is still under the weather.

I made her potato latkes from a box mix. I had soup. Having a coffee, and then I am going to plop in the recliner to rest this sciatic.

115 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 pm

bethk

Admin
Better watch out Jimmy or you'll have to call 9-1-1 and ask for a 'group discount'......

Hope you feel better in the morning (maybe a heating pad would make that muscle/nerve feel a bit better).

116 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:49 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Better watch out Jimmy or you'll have to call 9-1-1 and ask for a 'group discount'......

Hope you feel better in the morning (maybe a heating pad would make that muscle/nerve feel a bit better).

Good call on the heat Beth! ... A little liquid heat, (...Like Jack Daniel's ) would help too, I'm sure! LOL

117 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Bugster2

I am sorry about your back Jimmy. A little liquid therapy might just do the trick.

I woke up this morning unable to breathe and found two cats asleep on my chest. 20 pounds of dead, purring weight.

118 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:23 pm

cookingirl

Bugster2 wrote:I am sorry about your back Jimmy. A little liquid therapy might just do the trick.

I woke up this morning unable to breathe and found two cats asleep on my chest. 20 pounds of dead, purring weight.

I know what you mean, Bugs. I have a 10 lb cat who tries to curl up on my chest!! no way.. cannot breathe!

119 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

We got three... Gee Gee the matriarch female oldest is 14 lbs. Chest sleeper.

The baby.... Dolly, ( female ) is 9 lbs. ..... She's a neck snuggler / sleeper.

Then the Big Boy... Babe. ... He is huge, and weighs 18 lbs. He's a between the legs sleeper, all sprawled out, and poor Tina cannot move.

I try and discourage them from sleep on or near me. I just sleep with the vacuum next to me. hahahahahhah.....

120 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Bugster2

We have 5 cats. 2 are ours and 3 are Roomies. All of them are around 10 pounds. Noogie sleeps next to Joe and whiskers him awake about 4 times a night. Smidget finds new sleeping quarters each week. This week it is a blanket on the floor. Boo and Lauren slept on me last night. Usually they choose a different sleeping situation each night. Jenn-e-furr sleeps with Roomie next to her head or a blanket lined basket.

121 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:34 pm

bethk

Admin
Tried to think of a vegetable heavy supper.....finally decided on a stirfry. That's an easy way to use just about any vegetable in the refrigerator.

122 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:49 pm

Barbara101

looks good.. I will have the crab cakes i made yesterday.

123 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Bugster2

Seafood pot pie for DH and Roomie tonight. I think I will have scrambled eggs.

124 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Barbara101

125 Re: Dinners in January, 2016 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I finished up the chili.
Tina had corned beef hash with a over easy egg on top.
Now she has IBS. Called the Dr. and she said go to the ER. Nice....so she can just wash her hands of the situation.

Tina felt better this afternoon, and I said, It's just 4 days or less since she started antibiotics.
She wants to see how she feels tomorrow before she jumps the gun.

Those Dr's up there are all gonna jump on her case, and she will find out they just pick and probe to find nothing.
She already went through this a couple months ago with the bladder infection and the diverticulitis with the colonoscopy etc.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum