Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Empty Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:28 pm

JanaAZ

Since most of us met at cooking.com forums, it's sad to hear they are closing, along with chefscatalog. Since target bought them a few years ago, they haven't been doing well. I always thought their prices were too high and I could get the same stuff cheaper elsewhere.

Anyway, they are having a closeout sale, but their site seems to be crashing a lot.

2Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Empty Re: Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:00 pm

NormM

NormM

I ordered some stuff from Chef's years ago and was disappointed with what came. I checked the catalog again with the stuff I ordered and found the pictures to be deceptive.  For example a toaster oven looked like it had two chickens inside it, but would hardly hold one game hen.  Every time I used it, it blew a breaker in the basement. A set of (for free if you ordered something else) utensils pictured were not at all what arrived. I never ordered from them again.  One of the things I ordered was a DeLongi sp? and it broke after a couple of weeks.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Empty Re: Cooking.com and Chefscatalog closing Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

When I was able to get on the site, most of the things were still higher priced than Amazon. I did order a couple of tool crocks with dividers which were priced good. I will keep watching the site and see if their prices drop any more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum