Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone but me........

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Does anyone but me........ Empty Does anyone but me........ Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Get pissed off .Fed up. Hurt feeling..Ashamed of..

At family...

Does anyone but me........ 3447731902

2Does anyone but me........ Empty Re: Does anyone but me........ Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:49 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

YUP!

3Does anyone but me........ Empty Re: Does anyone but me........ Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good. Glad I am not alone.....

4Does anyone but me........ Empty Re: Does anyone but me........ Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I do sometimes get upset with family members.....but I find I'm much better off if I 'let it go' and just assume they don't mean to be as dumb - ignorant - uncaring - hurtful - or - insensitive as they seem to me. If I allow their actions or words get to me, it's only me who's upset. They somehow seem oblivious to what they have said or done.....

My life is too short to carry the hurt in my heart.

5Does anyone but me........ Empty Re: Does anyone but me........ Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:10 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yup; just like the saying: "you can choose your friends, but not your family"..
I only see them twice a year: at Thanksgiving and again at Christmas.
Or if someone has a graduation.
That is all the contact I have with them for the year. I am talking about one side of the family. They never call, etc...so I take it as it is...
I really do not mind staying home on T-day; but this would not be the year to do so. When my Aunt is gone, the family will break apart...never to be seen or heard from again. And I have a cousin who lives in the same City as I do! Her Adult daughter lives not far from me either.

That is how it is with people....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum