Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favorite store

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Barbara101

online to shop for cookware?

We have kitchen shops here but they are overpriced.

Plus we  have one W&S and it is downtown...so not going there. Plus that store is on my no go to ever..

Outlet shopping is a joke..Sometimes the price is higher lol..

I do like to see and feel and pick up items but when you do not see what you want, I am not running all over town or go from store to store..

2 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:57 pm

bethk

Admin
I usually go with Beds, Bath & Beyond. 20% off coupons and if I don't like something it can go back to the store and they accept the return.

Not much I'm into buying anymore, mostly gadgets or "As-Seen-On-TV" junk that makes me laugh most of the time.....

3 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Barbara101

BB&B is way far away..Not driving there..

4 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:29 pm

bethk

Admin
but you can order online....

IF you don't like something, then......ROAD TRIP! LOL

5 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:44 pm

cookingirl

yup, I have to agree with Beth. BB&B is the best and only one around that I can think of.
Williams Sonoma is great to walk around and dream, but that is it. Nothing in that store is affordable.

BB&B always has 20% off. A good size collection of things also. Yes, a bit overpriced, but what exclusive store isn't? Then there is always Target!

6 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Barbara101

Just looked and BBB will not take 20% off a whole list of items that I want..

Target does not carry Le Creuset..

7 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:44 pm

cookingirl

Barbara101 wrote:Just looked and BBB will not take 20% off a whole list of items that I want..

BB&B is 20% off the highest item.

Le Creuset is a very high priced item. I think the only place it is available is at
Williams Sonoma; or at an outlet shop. I only have one item, but it is a well used 5 quart dutch oven. It was bought for me by someone who was going to the outlet store.

BTW, if you do not mind me asking: is this as a gift or for you. I remember you saying that you have more than enough Le Cruset items. I mean, how many can one person use? But it is none of my business.

My one item along with my old Farberware pots are more than enough for just me.

I do love my Le Crueset pot, however it is too darn expensive and not justifiable to buy when I am cooking for just one person.
This Dutch oven is my automatic 'go to' piece.

8 Re: What is your favorite store on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 pm

JanaAZ

Barbara101 wrote:Just looked and BBB will not take 20% off a whole list of items that I want..

Barb, I've ordered Le Creuset from their outlet by phone. They also have an online site. You do have to pay for shipping though, and that can be expensive.

9 Re: What is your favorite store on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Bugster2

I usually buy my cookware at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. They get All Clad, Calphalon, Le Creuset, Staub and sometimes Mauviel or Ruffoni at good prices. Sometimes it goes on sale and get even better discounts. There is an outlet back east that you can get seconds on All Clad. They have an additional 20% off twice a year. I understand that All Clad has a parking lot sale that cookware is sold at bargain prices.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum