Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watching Cooking shows on PBS and.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Barbara101

Lydia gets on my last nerve even though I watch it.

She bangs that spoon so much..Then she says 'some' of this or that.. Never gives the amount. Guess she is afraid you will not buy a cookbook to find the recipe.

I do not need to do that, I can #1, not make it or #2, I can go online and find it lol

2 Re: Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:27 pm

NormM

About a week ago, I watched her make an apple cake then went on line and got the recipe.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3 Re: Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Barbara101

I do that too. She made a sausage and grapes ..so good. Then the beef roast called Italian roast it took awhile but I found it. Then found out it was just so-so.maybe Boston or Chicago roast IDk but good for subs. I made it once..

4 Re: Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:03 pm

bethk

Admin
Ina had a restaurant 'friend' on one of her shows and they made the sausage & grapes.

I keep thinking I should make it because it sounds good and you said it was good. But when I mentioned it, Mr. Amazing wrinkled up his nose. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort when he goes into the "sigh-ing" and "tisk-ing" act......

Barb, did you use Italian sausage for it or some other kind? I'm not a big fan of the fennel in the Italian.

5 Re: Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 pm

NormM

Lidia has a restaurant here in KC.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6 Re: Watching Cooking shows on PBS and..... on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:43 am

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Ina had a restaurant 'friend' on one of her shows and they made the sausage & grapes.

I keep thinking I should make it because it sounds good and you said it was good.  But when I mentioned it, Mr. Amazing wrinkled up his nose.  Sometimes it's just not worth the effort when he goes into the "sigh-ing" and "tisk-ing" act......

Barb, did you use Italian sausage for it or some other kind?  I'm not a big fan of the fennel in the Italian.  

I used packaged Italian sausages.Fennel ? IDK..I would just make it lol.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum