Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch

+3
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am sure looking forward to breakfast.
I am starved trying to hold off eating like a hog.
A couple eggs and whole wheat toast is sounding good to me!

bethk

bethk
Admin

There is no eating in the middle of the night....

just as there is no crying in baseball.

So stay in bed and out of the kitchen!

LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

A couple eggs and bacon.. lots of bacon. lol.Omelet full of veggies..Frittatta (sp) i find if I eat cheese that holds me almost till dinner.Oh and I eat a yogurt or hunk of cheese before bed,drops my BG .I am one to have high in the morning.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:There is no eating in the middle of the night....

just as there is no crying in baseball.

So stay in bed and out of the kitchen!

LOL

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  2876911673 And tell my son... NO throwing the bat when you strike out!

When he was in the little league...all the people would run out of the way when he got up to bat. He wouldn't cry, but the bat went flying! He was always reprimanded
and got to sit on the bench...
And there was no talking to him for three days! Unbelievable...

NormM

NormM

I just had a ham & egg omelet for lunch. I didn't have breakfast. I spent the morning with Jackson Hewitt filing an amended tax return for the state of Kansas. Seems when they did my taxes in 2013 they entered my taxable income on two different lines and Kansas thought I earned twice as much as I actually did.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, aren't you glad you went to 'professionals'.....???

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

first day in September, I finally gave this a try, veggie smoothie for brunch, it fills up my tummy, we had it at 11 am and until now, 3.25 pm we are not hungry yet

Kale, frozen banana and grape, a bit of salt, 1/2 cup of lemon infused water, and I added a couple of dried plums, saladitos

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  60_zpsrjwhjoiq

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  Chermoula6

Leftover for me..

Barbara101

Barbara101

opps. Embarassed

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  002%20%20%20123

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had eggs, too!

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  Brkfst%2009.06.15

NormM

NormM

I am glad I went to someone who knows how to file an amended return and didn't charge for it. Last year H&R Block advertised that they would only charge half of what I paid last year if I had not used them last year. They did only charge half but they stopped working on it as soon as I broke even and didn't do the other forms that would have got me enough of a return to pay them.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Because of my 'stupidity'.....just a simple return with one question I did not understand, I got to pay H&R Blockheads $220.

I'm still banging my head on walls about that one.

(and this after I spent 99% of my working career in accounting.....stupid, stupid Me)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had two slices of raisin toast for breakfast. With butter.
It's no fun making eggs and meat for breakfast for just me. Tina is playing nurses aide today and for the day's coming at her Aunts bedside with Hospice.

NormM

NormM

I had not gone to H&R Block for several years because I got so mad at them a long time ago.  I went to the one I always went to when I was considering selling my duplex.  I asked the guy who was the owner what my taxes would be if I sold it for X amount.  He told me and I thought that was OK. It would be enough to pay off my credit cards and have a little left over.  In the long run I'd save money because the duplex was just about breaking even over the long term.

Then I got a solid offer on the house and went back with the new information as well as last year's return.  It looked like I was going to make about 15K profit.  I sold the house and then held on to the money until tax time.  Taxes got done and my tax bill was 15K higher than last year.  He forgot to figure in that I'd be paying taxes at a higher rate and I ended up with nothing and still had credit card debt and no more rental income.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I don't have any tax % taken out of my SS payments. I have a special fund ( savings ) that I put 35.00 a week aside so when I pay my tax, I make the payment with that money put aside.
I never was in the rear,......but the IRS penalizes me like 38.00 dollars for not paying the taxes during the year.
SCrewwwwwwww them I say. I don't let them use my money early. I make up the 38 bucks another way. They could go pound salt.

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  11217801_10106181910453759_6489515396066866432_n

Did not plan on cooking anything but steak and eggs just landed on my plate..This has to be the worst day ever for anything on Tv and I am bored ..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers for breakfast, Barb?

I made a bowl of tuna salad ~ Kirkland albacore, chopped celery, hard cooked eggs & MWhip.

Had a scoop on top of a bunch of arugula. Early lunch.

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  2015-09-05%2021.36.05

No breakfast,went right to lunch. bacon and eggs with some friends...

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had another tuna sandwich.....it's just about gone.

Barbara101

Barbara101

SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  Apple%20omelet4

Apple cheese omelet.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:SEPTEMBER 2015 ...What's for Breakfast / Lunch  Apple%20omelet4

Apple cheese omelet.
Very interesting .... Idea

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Because of my 'stupidity'.....just a simple return with one question I did not understand, I got to pay H&R Blockheads $220.

I'm still banging my head on walls about that one.

(and this after I spent 99% of my working career in accounting.....stupid, stupid Me)

Out here in California, AARP has tax services for free. Each city has a senior center that offers this service. You might want to check into it. The people that prepare your returns are usually retired bankers, CPA's and the lot. They have a system where the return is done and the then rechecked by the head honcho. Everything is on computers so they send in your return by internet. We think it is great. Been using it for years.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Normally I do our taxes. No probalem. But last year Dane's pension didn't get notified that we had moved to Florida so they had his 1099 marked as Ohio income. Dumb me....all I had to do was mark my partial year Ohio return as 'non-resident' and then the pension $$ wouldn't have been a problem. And that's just what HR Block did. And that's why I ended up paying them $220.

Like I said, STUPID ME.

It was one of those times when I couldn't see the forest for the trees.....

cookingirl

cookingirl

Each time I have tried to do my own taxes, I mess up!! I bit the bullet, years ago deciding to go to a CPA for them...I just feel it is money well spent. I do not have to worry about doing something wrong.. It would be their fault, not mine....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum