Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Working Vacation...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Working Vacation... Empty A Working Vacation... Mon May 27, 2013 8:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Poor Mr. Amazing ~ he gets his first week of vacation time since sometime last year and I put him to work....

Actually, I don't think he minded all that much, but I know I appreciated it more than he'll know, especially since I'll be back here in the villa come the first of September and he'll still be slaving away in Ohio.

We went to Lowe's today and picked up four ceiling fans ~ one for each of the bedrooms, one for the living room and one for the den. I've had two little table fans to move the air around since I got here in February and, as good as it was, it wasn't good enough! He got two of the fans installed this afternoon and then I suggested he do the other two tomorrow or later in the week. The master bedroom and living room are now comfortable with moving air and I'm just smiling from ear to ear.

It was a surprise to both of us when we got to the check out at Lowe's and the clerk asked if either of us was a veteran. He said yes, he was and she gave us a 10% discount on our entire purchase. What a nice surprise that was. So, I think all in all, we purchased four fans for around $325...it sure beats the quote of $365 PER fan the man at Dan's Fan City quoted me when I went there to inquire about the fans they had available. OK, so his fans came with a "lifetime" warranty....but if one of my ceiling fans quits working I'll just go buy another one and Dane will switch 'em out.

And it's surprising how relaxed he was as he installed those fans today...not like it was a "job" but just something to do. There wasn't any pressure to get it done immediately and he'll sleep better with the air moving as will I!

2A Working Vacation... Empty Re: A Working Vacation... Mon May 27, 2013 11:05 pm

JanaAZ

I know what you mean about chores at the 'other house' aren't chores, but rare actually fun. We did a lot of landscaping this weekend and it wasn't work, either.

3A Working Vacation... Empty Re: A Working Vacation... Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

There's nothing like a ceiling fan in a warm climate. We have very high ceilings in our N.O. house, so we always buy ones that are reversible, as it helps in the winter, too, though we usually keep the house pretty cool even in winter.

Hunter ceiling fans cost a bit more but we find they hold up better and don't squeak or make clicking noises like some fans do on the higher speeds. I wish I could've watched your husband so I could learn to install one myself!

That's pretty cool about the veterans' discount!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum