Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lemon French Yogurt Cakes with Champagne Grapes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was browsing around Fresh Market yesterday and saw something I've wanted to try ever since Barb posted a cake she made....

Champagne Grapes.

Now that I've experienced them, I doubt I'll buy them again.....#1-they're pricey. #2-(and more important) they are a PITA to take off the stems to get the amount needed for a recipe! LOL

But, here's the recipe I used:

Lemon French Yogurt Cakes with Champagne Grapes
(based on Dorie Greenspan recipe)

1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
the zest of one lemon
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups Champagne grapes (or other seedless grapes halved)

– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 4- inch by 8- inch loaf pans.
– In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
– Put the sugar and zest in a medium bowl and, working with your fingertips, rub the zest into the sugar until the sugar is moist and aromatic.
– Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla to the bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture is very well blended.
– While still mixing, stir in the dry ingredients, then switch to a large rubber spatula and fold in the oil.
– Add the grapes and gently mix into the batter. You’ll have a thick, smooth batter.
– Scrape the batter into the pans and smooth the top.
– Bake the pans in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake begins to come away from the sides of the pan; it will be golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
– Transfer the pan to a rack, cool for 5 minutes, then run a blunt knife between the cake and the sides of the pan. Unmold and cool to room temperature right-side up. Makes two loaf cakes.

Beth's notes - my cakes took a good 45-50 minutes to bake before a toothpick came out dry. I plan to make a lemon glaze with the juice from the zested lemon and powdered sugar to spoon over when they are completely cool.

Lemon French Yogurt Cakes with Champagne Grapes Lemon%20Yogurt%20Champagne%20Grape%20Cakes

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cooled & Glazed:

Lemon French Yogurt Cakes with Champagne Grapes Glazed%20Lemon%20Yogurt%20Champagne%20Grape%20Tea%20Cake

Barbara101

Barbara101

Champagne Grape just saw some yesterday..Love them..

Cake looks   Lemon French Yogurt Cakes with Champagne Grapes 4137497845

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum