Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 21]

426 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Barbara101

Looks great. What noodle is that?

427 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:17 pm

bethk

Admin
Barilla Linguine Fini.....I saw 'Linguine' and thought I had the regular width.

Oh, well, it was still pretty darn tasty after smelling the sauce simmer for an hour and a half!

428 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Barbara101

Grilled loin pork chops.Corn. Ate one and plan on making corn cakes.

429 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:23 pm

bethk

Admin
nice looking bone-in chops. Were they doubles?

430 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Barbara101

4 rib roast..

431 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:52 pm

bethk

Admin
I don't think I've seen ANY pork rib roasts here WITH bone.....bummer.

But yours looks perfectly cooked. Nice!

432 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Barbara101

Harris teeter..

433 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Barbara101

434 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tell Tina for me that she is the Queen of Meatballs!  I simmered my (raw/thawed) meatballs in my homemade sauce for 45 minutes with the lid on, then 45 minutes at a low simmer to reduce the watery liquid in the sauce.  Last 20 minutes I added my sauted mushrooms.  The meatballs were tender and moist and IMO, flavored the sauce perfectly.

(OK, so I DID get some bread....but, in my defense, I only ate half of mine.  Mr. Amazing looked at my plate when I was about done and asked, "you going to eat that?"  So, because he's been good lately, I let him have my baguette without forking his wrist!)

Looks good Beth. It is making me hungry, and I just ate 2 hours ago.

I told Tina queen what you said, and she said thanks. She said also, that the meatballs cooked unfried will flavor the sauce easily. If the meatballs are fried first, they are seared, and sealed and then the flavors are trapped.
When she does a meat sauce with ground beef, she never browns the meat.She drops it in the cooking sauce with pinches of the meat, and that is when the meat takes on the sauces flavor and spices.

435 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Grilled loin pork chops.Corn. Ate one and plan on making corn cakes.

Great looking chops Barb. Love bone in.
The corn is done perfectly too!

436 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Here are the pics of the rice and black beans.
I just love the paper plate. You know how many times I poked those darn black seeds with my fork, and thinking they were the beans?... haaaaaa

Box of 24 pretzels for 10 dollars. Lotta carbs there by golly!

437 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 am

NormM

Once when I was going to have company, I thought about having a crown roast with pork chops but decided to just do two and have them crossed at the top like swords at a military wedding but I had to special order them. They didn't ever have them otherwise.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

438 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:43 am

Barbara101

NormM wrote:Once when I was going to have company, I thought about having a crown roast with pork chops but decided to just do two and have them crossed at the top like swords at a military wedding but I had to special order them.  They didn't ever have them otherwise.

i have made crown of pork several times. Right from the meat counter.You guys have much better grocery store then me.

Bet Fresh Market has it..Very expensive store lol.But it has/had the best food's.. Miss that store.

439 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:37 am

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Once when I was going to have company, I thought about having a crown roast with pork chops but decided to just do two and have them crossed at the top like swords at a military wedding but I had to special order them.  They didn't ever have them otherwise.

Norm...I have no clue or thought of what that would even look like??? pale

440 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:42 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

i have made crown of pork several times. Right from the meat counter.You guys have much better grocery store then me.

Bet Fresh Market has it..Very expensive store lol.But it has/had the best food's.. Miss that store.

Tina just said, you must have at least 12 chops in order to make the crown of pork.

441 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:56 am

bethk

Admin
I think Norm is talking about cooking 'long bone' bone-in pork chops.....not easy to find, as the bone in roast like Barb happened upon at her local market is equally difficult to find in our area(s).

I've normally seen lamb chops, Frenched bone lamb chops, grilled and with the bones crossed for presentation, usually leaning against a big pile of mashed potatoes to keep them upright.

99.9% of the pork, other than spare ribs, around here is boneless. Since they have done away with all the farm-to-market butchers you can't just ask the butcher behind the meat counter to bring you half a dozen Frenched bone-in pork chops. You can get them but you have to special order and wait for them to be delivered from the warehouse butcher shop.

442 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:13 pm

NormM

Jimmy, I got this picture from the internet. It isn't the one I made and these are two lamb roasts. I did the same thing with two pork roasts. The bones were shorter but I put them together the same way.

443 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Barbara101

Took me forever to find this pic lol My photobucket is a nightmare..

I bought some lamb chops and leg of lamb ,then saw that roast.Not in the meat section, in the meat area.where you get the better cuts of meat..

Yes crown ,I have done when I had people to feed.lol

BTW that chops roast had 8 chops,i had it cut in half..Never grilled one either.I just winged it..Plus I was not paying  $$$.

444 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Barbara101

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I got this picture from the internet. It isn't the one I made and these are two lamb roasts. I did the same thing with two pork roasts.  The bones were shorter but I put them together the same way.

LOVE lamb...

445 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Barbara101

Frenched bone-in pork chop

Easy to do them yourself..

446 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I got this picture from the internet. It isn't the one I made and these are two lamb roasts. I did the same thing with two pork roasts.  The bones were shorter but I put them together the same way.

Ah Haaaa!!! Now I get the picture!! Thanks.

447 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:09 pm

bethk

Admin
Barbara101 wrote:Frenched bone-in pork chop

Easy to do them yourself..

NOT with boneless pork loin.....LOL

448 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm

bethk

Admin
Going out to eat with Lyn & Bill, who just returned home from a 3 week driving vacation back up North.

449 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 pm

NormM

An old friend sent me this recipe. It's called Tomato & Basil Meatballs with Cauliflower Puree. The puree is under the meatballs and sauce. I made it like the recipe said for the picture but also made spaghetti in case someone didn't like the cauliflower. It's cauliflower pureed with parmesan cheese and almond milk. Charlie liked the puree on the side with spaghetti under the sauce. Cassie isn't home from work yet.

450 Re: August, 2105 ~ What's for Supper? on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:An old friend sent me this recipe. It's called Tomato & Basil Meatballs with Cauliflower Puree.  The puree is under the meatballs and sauce. I made it like the recipe said for the picture but also made spaghetti in case someone didn't like the cauliflower. It's cauliflower pureed with parmesan cheese and almond milk.  Charlie liked the puree on the side with spaghetti under the sauce.  Cassie isn't home from work yet.

Looks great. We love cauliflower.
My daughter this morning was telling us there is a recipe she has for pizza crust, utilizing mashed cauliflower eggs etc.
She said they work out better, when the pizza is a smaller diameter size.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum