Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

bethk

Admin
My favorite breakfast.....makes me feel like I'm eating healthy (must be the kale.....)

Barbara101

Love the eggs lol...

bethk

Admin
Barb, do you like collard greens?

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Barb, do you like collard greens?

No.. they are bitter.

bethk

Admin
OK, so that's why kale is NOT on your hit parade. For me, as someone who really does like the more bitter greens, etc., I find a tiny bit of brown sugar equalizes out the bitterness. The kale I braised this morning for my breakfast got about 1/8 t. sprinkled on after it had started to wilt and break down. It doesn't make it 'sweet' but just counteracts.

But that's not to say you'll like either kale or collards if you add brown sugar. It's perfectly OK for you not to because that just leaves that much more for ME!

LOL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:OK, so that's why kale is NOT on your hit parade.  For me, as someone who really does like the more bitter greens, etc., I find a tiny bit of brown sugar equalizes out the bitterness.  The kale I braised this morning for my breakfast got about 1/8 t. sprinkled on after it had started to wilt and break down.  It doesn't make it 'sweet' but just counteracts.

But that's not to say you'll like either kale or collards if you add brown sugar.  It's perfectly OK for you not to because that just leaves that much more for ME!

LOL

I love kale, but still can't eat them raw

I saw this potato on FB my friends shared, today I made a couple for Dirk's brunch, potato, sausage, cheese, eggs, chive and toast, all are his favorite

I brushed the potatoes, and nuked them in microwave for 4 minutes

I baked them too long ( I should have just put them in microwave and cooked them for couple minutes ), he likes his egg runny yolk, well no complain here, the toasts were my homemade italian bread

bethk

Admin
I saw those on Pinterest, also. Great for a brunch....lots of food to eat.

Yours look great!

Barbara101

leftover for lunch...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum