Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ?

+2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

My favorite breakfast.....makes me feel like I'm eating healthy (must be the kale.....)

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ? - Page 5 My%20favorite%20breakfast

Barbara101

Barbara101

Love the eggs lol...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, do you like collard greens?

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Barb, do you like collard greens?

No.. they are bitter.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so that's why kale is NOT on your hit parade. For me, as someone who really does like the more bitter greens, etc., I find a tiny bit of brown sugar equalizes out the bitterness. The kale I braised this morning for my breakfast got about 1/8 t. sprinkled on after it had started to wilt and break down. It doesn't make it 'sweet' but just counteracts.

But that's not to say you'll like either kale or collards if you add brown sugar. It's perfectly OK for you not to because that just leaves that much more for ME!

LOL

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:OK, so that's why kale is NOT on your hit parade.  For me, as someone who really does like the more bitter greens, etc., I find a tiny bit of brown sugar equalizes out the bitterness.  The kale I braised this morning for my breakfast got about 1/8 t. sprinkled on after it had started to wilt and break down.  It doesn't make it 'sweet' but just counteracts.

But that's not to say you'll like either kale or collards if you add brown sugar.  It's perfectly OK for you not to because that just leaves that much more for ME!

LOL

I love kale, but still can't eat them raw

I saw this potato on FB my friends shared, today I made a couple for Dirk's brunch, potato, sausage, cheese, eggs, chive and toast, all are his favorite

I brushed the potatoes, and nuked them in microwave for 4 minutes

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ? - Page 5 80_zpsqqjoglic

I baked them too long ( I should have just put them in microwave and cooked them for couple minutes ), he likes his egg runny yolk, well no complain here, the toasts were my homemade italian bread

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ? - Page 5 82_zpszmns9pyx

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw those on Pinterest, also. Great for a brunch....lots of food to eat.

Yours look great!

Barbara101

Barbara101

(( JULY 2015 )) What's For Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch ? - Page 5 Wildsalmon4

leftover for lunch...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum