Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner??

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
NormM
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

51JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Now that's a plate full Barb!

lol not really when I close the bun..

52JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 pm

NormM

NormM

Son made hamburgers on the grill too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

53JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Son made hamburgers on the grill too.

Hey Norm. Remember a few years ago, I converted my Vermont Castings grill from the steel drip plate to the Lava rocks. Well the lava rocks are history. They got powdery, and half of the rocks were softened from moisture. Now the grill is a flame broil surface with cast iron grill top plates.
Can't wait to do some burgers. Steaks too!

54JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I ended up making coleslaw and bbq beans.

55JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm

NormM

NormM

When I first moved here HiVee had a deal where they sold a propane grill and then gave you the equal amount in free coupons. We have used it for three seasons now and it may last another one but when I replace it, I think I am going to get a Broil King. They seem to be pretty well made.

56JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:When I first moved here HiVee had a deal where they sold a propane grill and then gave you the equal amount in free coupons.  We have used it for three seasons now and it may last another one but when I replace it, I think I am going to get a Broil King.  They seem to be pretty well made.

I remember in the late 50's, when BBQ outdoor cooking became popular...every Tom Dick and Harry stores were having sales on their brand Grills. Dad Bought one at a Western Auto store, and I think it lasted only 2 years.
Remember, there were no replacement parts a consumer could buy back then.

Dad finally bought a Charm-Glow from the gas company. They even installed it FREE so they said. Free??? ..... not considering the grill cost $300.00 in the early 60's. Dad had that grill for 20 years, and in perfect condition all that time.
Of coarse they covered it with a big leather cover that had to be tied around the post.

We had a Ducane Grill with all the bells and whistles, and that thing rusted apart in 3 years; and we covered it every day. That was in the early 70's and there were no stainless steel grills then; at least from what I can remember.

57JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Any grill you buy will rust and fall apart. My little gasser is full of mold all the time,I have to do major clean up on the thing. Twisted Evil Everyone just loves weber but even that is going down hill,lots and lots and lots of bad reviews now.i am going to stick with my smokey joe and big weber charcoal till they fall apart lol. I also have a cheap o electric smoker that you can grill on too.works great so do not thumb your nose.ha.. I am so put off babysitting ANY food on any grill/smoker , to hot and buggie here to do that.I fast grill in the winter time .. Or when it is cooler ..I think this last weekend will be my last cook.Over 90` now. JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 387840482

58JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Now the grill is a flame broil surface with cast iron grill top plates.

which ones did you get?

59JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have had a Weber Baby-Q for at least 15 years. The only issue we have had is that the paint is starting to bubble. We love it for the ease and convenience. It does not replace a charcoal grill or smoker. I would really like to try a Big Green Egg but can't afford one.

60JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Now the grill is a flame broil surface with cast iron grill top plates.

which ones did you get?

It's a "JIMMY" Grill.... hahahahaha
I converted it myself... Still the old Vermont Castings Grill, Different Guts inside.
Yesterday, I was playing Iron Worker / welder out on the Deck! LOL

61JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:47 pm

NormM

NormM

The Broil King I am looking to get in a year or two has a cast aluminum body, 10 year burner warranty and stainless or cast iron grates.  The burner has a design that allows it to heat evenly.  The Char Broil heats  unevenly from front to back of their burners.

My smoker is all welded, no screws or bolts and is made with quarter inch steel.  It will rust but I doubt it will ever rust out in my lifetime.  I take care of it and just took wire brush and high heat paint to part that was starting to show rust. In any case it is guaranteed to never rust out.

Char Broil is cheap and flimsy with a thin enameled body that is going to fall apart soon. I am surprised it has lasted these three years. It was virtually free though.  They bought the company that made high quality smokers, closed it down and put the name on their cheap smokers.  They also bought out and shut down another of their competitors.  They make some grills with the name of that company on them too.

My Weber is ten or more years old and still works too.

Last edited by NormM on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

62JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I have had a Weber Baby-Q for at least 15 years. The only issue we have had is that the paint is starting to bubble. We love it for the ease and convenience. It does not replace a charcoal grill or smoker. I would really like to try a Big Green Egg but can't afford one.

I have one too. It only has one burner so you have to mess with it to roast and it only takes canisters.I have no idea if I have any to cook.It is messy to clean too.

63JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 pm

NormM

NormM

delete, double post

64JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I have had a Weber Baby-Q for at least 15 years. The only issue we have had is that the paint is starting to bubble. We love it for the ease and convenience. It does not replace a charcoal grill or smoker. I would really like to try a Big Green Egg but can't afford one.

I have one too. It only has one burner so you have to mess with it to roast and it only takes canisters.I have no idea if I have any to cook.It is messy to clean too.

First of all, you can get a thingie that takes the place of the canisters and hook it up to a large propane tank. We did that three years ago and we still have not had to refill the tank. Second: all you need it a wire brush to scrape off any crumbs or burnt on foods. Then, if you preheat for 10 minutes, it is sterilized. I like to keep the black carbon on the cast iron grate, kind of like a seasoned cast iron fry pan. The only thing we do every time we grill is to empty the drip pan. Once in a while the ants will find the grate but we turn on the grill and they get vaporized.

65JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:The Broil King I am looking to get in a year or two has a cast aluminum body, 10 year burner warranty and stainless or cast iron grates.  The burner has a design that allows it to heat evenly.  The Char Broil heats  unevenly from front to back of their burners.

My smoker is all welded, no screws or bolts and is made with quarter inch steel.  It will rust but I doubt it will ever rust out in my lifetime.  I take care of it and just took wire brush and high heat paint to part that was starting to show rust. In any case it is guaranteed to never rust out.

Char Broil is cheap and flimsy with a thin enameled body that is going to fall apart soon. I am surprised it has lasted these three years. It was virtually free though.  They bought the company that made high quality smokers, closed it down and put the name on their cheap smokers.  They also bought out and shut down another of their competitors.  They make some grills with the name of that company on them too.

My Weber is ten or more years old and still works too.

It will rust but I doubt it will ever rust out in my lifetime.  

Norm, I hate to tell you, but Your @$$ will be out there cooking on that grill on your 80th and 90th Birthday! God Be Willing!

I might make it to 80 if I can shed some of these 262 lbs. I guess that can happen if I started grilling Corn and veggies; instead of Ribs and Pork chops and Hot Dogs. JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 3921676023

66JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 024

Chicken Picata

67JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Poor Tina...nothing for her to eat all day. She is doing the prep now for her colonoscopy tomorrow morning. She's doing good. She's a trooper (es) for sure.

I just broiled 2 knockwurst and ate them with two pieces of bread, and dipped into hot spicy mustard.I didn't feel bad eating them because she doesn't like the popping skins.
Tomorrow after the procedure, I am making her scrambled eggs, and toast to start her off gently.

68JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

There is a humid, hot fug from a hurricane off of Mexico that has invaded the southland. No air movement at all. I made tomato basil soup and a salad for dinner because of the heat.

69JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:There is a humid, hot fug from a hurricane off of Mexico that has invaded the southland. No air movement at all. I made tomato basil soup and a salad for dinner because of the heat.

When it gets like that here, and I want to cook on the grill, I set up a box fan, or a pedestal fan to blow on me to at least get some air movement. JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 387840482

70JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 pm

NormM

NormM

[quote="

It will rust but I doubt it will ever rust out in my lifetime.  [/b][/color]

[size=16][font=Comic Sans MS]Norm, I hate to tell you, but Your @$$ will be out there cooking on that grill on your 80th and 90th Birthday! God Be Willing!

My last visit to the doctor he said he expected to see me every 6 months for the next 30 years.

71JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 024

Chicken Picata
Barb...really summery looking!....

Is that a cucumber salad, or a zucchini salad?

72JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:24 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Very nice looking picatta Barb. Hmmm. I wonder if I have any bones breasts in the freezer.

73JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:There is a humid, hot fug from a hurricane off of Mexico that has invaded the southland. No air movement at all. I made tomato basil soup and a salad for dinner because of the heat.

When it gets like that here, and I want to cook on the grill, I set up a box fan, or a pedestal fan to blow on me to at least get some air movement. JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 387840482  

why didn't I think of that.. JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 2855670339 JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 2855670339 JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 2855670339

74JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Very nice looking picatta Barb. Hmmm. I wonder if I have any bones breasts in the freezer.

When on sale man I load up.So many ways to cook it.

75JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

My last visit to the doctor he said he expected to see me every 6 months for the next 30 years.

jocolor ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum