Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" Empty "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" Sun May 17, 2015 10:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I could not believe it!!!
This coming week end is"Memorial Day Celebration!"

I was thinking....the last of the month, but in checking, it's celebrated utilizing the "Last Monday of the Month of May!" "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 3921676023

Holy Geepers.... I'll bet there will be another huge shindig here.
If so, I will pick Sunday for the BBQ.

I am preliminarily  thinking of an Eye Round on the rotisserie and sliced thin thin on the meat slicer, to make roast beef sandwiches (like Roy Rogers ), and maybe some hamburgers / hot dogs / and sausages on the grill. Mac and cheese, and baked beans and macaroni salad.  Beer wine, and soda pop in the plastic cooler in ice.

It all seems simple to me, but I know somewhere along the line, someone will want ribs and corn on the cob which nobody eats after they stuff on the other stuff.????? I don't know! I'm weighing it all.

SOooooo! Uhhhhhhh....?? What have You Planned???? 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'll be checking for the last of whatever I've forgotten to put into my suitcase, riding to the airport and then seeing DD#2 and GS by late afternoon. So, I don't have ANY plans to make or execute. Funny thing is, I didn't even realize I was flying on a holiday when I made the reservation. It was just the least expensive day to fly according to the web site I used. For me it's just a Monday.....

Barbara101

Barbara101

Have no idea.Just me ,,,so ?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'll be checking for the last of whatever I've forgotten to put into my suitcase, riding to the airport and then seeing DD#2 and GS by late afternoon.  So, I don't have ANY plans to make or execute.  Funny thing is, I didn't even realize I was flying on a holiday when I made the reservation.  It was just the least expensive day to fly according to the web site I used.  For me it's just a Monday.....

Did they mention.....this is the 'Monday Special' Plane ?

"Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" Jetsons-the-movie_528_poster

bethk

bethk
Admin

I always loved watching that....Astro the dog!  Almost as good as Rosie the robot maid.

George, Judy, son Elroy......what was the daughter's name? Or did I miss the wife's???

Hate when I get forgetful.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I always loved watching that....Astro the dog!  Almost as good as Rosie the robot maid.

George, Judy, son Elroy......what was the daughter's name?  Or did I miss the wife's???

Hate when I get forgetful.....
I think the wife was Wilma?

My son watched that all the time. That, and Dr. Doo Little which I thought was B O R I N G

Barbara101

Barbara101

Hate when I get forgetful....

Getting lucky means a whole nother to me lol. I feel lucky to find my car in the parking lot.It is so much worse when the kid is pushing your cart and I can just hear what is going through his mind..how can you forget where your car is parked?? Yup getting old is much fun... scratch "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 1838020472

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Hate when I get forgetful....

Getting lucky means a whole nother to me lol. I feel lucky to find my car in the parking lot.It is so much worse when the kid is pushing your cart and I can just hear what is going through his mind..how can you forget where your car is parked?? Yup getting old is much fun... scratch "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 1838020472

"Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 2876911673 "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 2876911673 Oh Lord, that is funny!
Tina a couple weeks ago went to the big mall, and she always parks near Sears Pick-up area. She goes in, and does the mall thingy, and when finished, she comes out the same Sears exit. She doesn't see her car, and she is in the lot; walking in and out the rows.... She was about to call the police when it hit her! She was looking for the white car, but that day, she took the blue car. There she was, looking for the white car, and it was all the while, parked right here in the driveway. "Oh No, Another Holiday coming Quickly!" 2876911673

bethk

bethk
Admin

That same thing happened to my friend, Lyn. Her husband called her and told her the car had been stolen. It was gone. GONE!!!

After a few minutes of calming him she reminded him he had driven the red car, not the white one.

Hmmm, gee, maybe that's the one in front of me....

Yup, gettin' old sucks.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, so far Daughter and Boyfriend copped out. They will be busy on the farm fixing fences and re sizing the water / mud hole for the pigs. 7 more piggies from the two mommies this spring.So, that leaves son and DIL......and maybe GD.

bethk

bethk
Admin

That means you cut back by 50% the amount of food you planned to make......

NormM

NormM

We've been invited to my nephews on Sat. for a bacon and bourbon party. I am taking some bacon sushi, bacon & bourbon BBQ sauce and maybe some of the brisket... if we don't eat it all ourselves first.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That means you cut back by 50% the amount of food you planned to make......

Yes thank God!..... They could stop by and there will still be enough food. I'm sure there will be a bonfire and barn sleep-over, and a lot of alcohol to keep them happy and warm.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're going to a Patio Party this afternoon. One of the neighbors is hosting and said she's planning on burgers & brats with another neighbor. I'm making a dish of baked beans with my Michigan Randall Great Northern Beans.....yummy good for a canned product. I added a bunch of stuff from the refrigerator and pantry, lots of molasses and tomato sauce as well as a pound of browned bacon and an onion & a half.

I'll bet we'll have a great turnout as most of the 'year around' neighbors will treat this as their Memorial Day picnic. Then, tomorrow, they can attend one of the many celebrations at Veterans' Park or one of the Town Squares. Red, White & Blue holidays are really celebrated here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum