Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Empty "Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Fri May 01, 2015 12:27 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm Gonna try this Pasta e Fagioli Recipe.
The only thing I will not use, is the 1/2 LB of Pork Fat.
That's in my estimation, way too much FAT! ....
I will substitute it with 1/2 cup of diced bacon instead.

Poor Tina was supposed to make it, but she has too much on her plate the past few days. Her wrist on the left hand is sore, and she is wearing a brace on it.
Doctor will be soon; if the brace doesn't help!

So here it is.....Got it From The Newspaper Yesterday!

I will let it known how it came out!

"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! H86q7t

2"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Empty Re: "Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Fri May 01, 2015 7:17 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

sounds like it's right up your alley, Jimmy.

3"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Empty Re: "Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Fri May 01, 2015 11:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:sounds like it's right up your alley, Jimmy.

It surely is Beth!

The salt pork is just for flavor, but I think the bacon would be a plus here.
Then as I read the recipe, I still cannot see where there is need for a large stock pot!!! ..... ??? .... Maybe the original recipe was for 2 gallons of sauce, and the size pot was never changed ?

Whatever the case, I will just use my 4 Qt. Farberware pot!

4"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Empty Re: "Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

"large" stock pot is a relative term, Jimmy. A lot of people think the Dutch oven pot that comes with their set is "LARGE"......

WE know large ~ Large is canning kettle size.

LOL

5"Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Empty Re: "Pasta e Fagioli".... Gonna Try It!! Fri May 01, 2015 7:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So right Beth!........

Well the pasta e fagioli  was ok... Way overpowered by the Bay Leafs.

The pasta I cooked was 4 cooked cups. What the heck is 2 cups gonna feed???

I also did NOT add the cooked pasta and simmer for an hour like the recipe states.
I just added the cooked dittalini  when we were ready to eat. We don't like mushy soft pasta.

Tina has a good recipe, and I will post that one when we make it...

(*burp*) .... Oh Boy! ...just burped, and it smells like pickle breath. ( from the bay leaf )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum