Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April. Whats for dinner????

+4
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

FISH EGGS on the eggs????

Don't like 'em....

Don't like 'em at all.

But YOU enjoy all you want! LOL

27April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're having leftovers.

He's having tuna noodle casserole and I'm having creamed chicken on a biscuit.

(went out for lunch and I'm really not all that hungry)

28April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

HA I like it and this is just some cheap stuff .Now the good stuff $$$$ April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 652761166

29April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

I want the lemon cake.....sigh affraid

30April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

cookingirl wrote:I want the lemon cake.....sigh  affraid

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 2876911673 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 863604796

31April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Barbara101 wrote:
cookingirl wrote:I want the lemon cake.....sigh  affraid

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 2876911673 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 863604796

Fed-EX ??????????????

32April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am about to chomp my mouth into a nice sliced egg sandwich on light toasted white American, and lots of mayo and black pepper.

I just found a salad Tina bought me at the store today. That is Gone Now! Ate that as an appetizer.

Actually.... the bread is small, so I will make two small sandwiches. Yum...Yum.

33April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:38 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

sick of cooking.had enough standing at the stove to last me a while.I am reheating the last of my stuffed shells.

34April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

NormM

NormM

I made some split pea soup and ham salad out of left over ham. Neither of which was photogenic. I vac. packed most of the rest and put it in the freezer. I'd never made split pea soup before and i am not too crazy about it. The kids said it was good. Next time I make a ham with a bone, I'll ask them if they want pea or navy bean soup. That will tell me how much they liked it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

35April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got half a chuck pot roast in the crock pot with the 'magic' seasonings (Norm knows what I'm talking about). We're having Italian Beef sandwiches for supper tonight.

(Man, it smells SO good!)

36April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

DH and roomie will have shrimp salad sandwiches on a brioche roll. I will have the roll but will put a burger into it.

I spent the morning trying to get Rolling Stones tickets but they were too expensive for my pocketbook. I was hoping to see them one last time before one of them kicks the bucket.

37April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 009_1

38April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was "International" supper night.....that's what I'm callin' it!

Italian Beef Sandwich w/melted mozzarella, Asian red cabbage slaw w/apple, dried cherries and toasted pecans and American potato chips.....I had to call them that to go with my 'International' theme....LOL

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 04.08.15

39April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbs Shells and Beths Beef Hoagie look great.
Norm, I like pea soup only if it is not like library paste. I like it a little watery, and with lots of ham, carrots but not too many potatoes. Everything cut the small same size too.
The guy next door, when the pea soup is done, he adds like a cup of frozen peas in the soup and cooks that 15 or 20 more minutes. ummmm!

The only thing is, one can only eat so much pea or bean soup. Here anyway!

I had a fried egg / bacon and cheese, on a toasted soft bagel at around 4 PM. Then some nibbles of kielbasi, and cheese cubes left over from Sunday. I will finish the day with some cake or cookies later.
Gabe had a hot dog and potato chips.

40April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - don't you love just pulling a casserole of stuffed shells out of the freezer on a day you just don't feel like cooking? It's becoming a real trend with me lately.....

41April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes and I have some left. Hot as heck today 88' and that was in my house .!!!! Turned on my air c. Took awhile to cool down.

I will be stayin in a lot.

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 387840482

Last edited by Barbara101 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

42April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 pm

NormM

NormM

The split pea soup made a lot. I doubt we will eat much more of it. We seldom get around to eating something if there is a lot left over.

43April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:32 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I remember the split pea soup (very similar in taste to lentil, IMO) at The Magic Pan Restaurant. They gave you a tiny shot of sweet sherry to add just before you tasted it. Magic was right. YUM.

Oddly enough, I usually add a tsp. of good cider vinegar to my lentil soup. It seems to brighten the flavor considerably for me.

44April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I keep forgetting to get dried peas. I have loads of ham and a huge bone in the freezer.

45April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Have you ever tried to cut up a ham bone? Most bones are too big and I wish I could cut one up.

46April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No and it is a big one too lol

47April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:44 pm

NormM

NormM

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 161029_zpskdfzvddz

I have a couple of these that I picked up at antique stores. I have only used them on bones a couple of times though. Last time was when i wanted to cut up a ham and not cook all of it at the same time.

48April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:46 pm

NormM

NormM

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 161029_zpskdfzvddz

I have a couple of these that I picked up at antique stores.  I have only used them on bones a couple of times though.  Last time was when i wanted to cut up a ham and not cook all of it at the same time.

Blades are replaceable.

49April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was so much easier when you could take your bone(s) to the local butcher and he'd cut them up for you.

Not any more. They think you're trying to contaminate the place if you bring stuff into the store.

50April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Have you ever tried to cut up a ham bone? Most bones are too big and I wish I could cut one up.

Take it to the butcher shoppe, and the butcher will put it on the band saw, and cut it in pieces for you!

or

If DH has a Saw Zall and a long 10 inch blade....he can whack it in pieces for you! April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 2876911673

True story:

I was around 15 Y/O working with Dad installing a new bathroom....dad was on the ladder with the saw zall cutting the toilet sewer line, and the lady asked him if he would cut the Christmas Ham in half with it.
He agreed, and said to me,"Go in the truck and get a new 10" inch blade!"
The lady said, "No no, that's ok, and she just wiped off the same blade that dad was whacking the sewer pipe with!"

I was P!!sing My Pants laughing; watching the lady hold the ham on the cutting board, as dad sawed the ham in half. It was shaking all over the place.

Every Time I see a ham, I think of the SawZall Ham Lady! April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 2 2876911673

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum