Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 ))

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

301 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:14 am

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I had to go get some. I have some hickory smoked salt but corned beef doesn't need any more salt.

Last time I used it, I used too much, and it tasted like alum.
They say to mix / thin it down in oil or water first. ?????

I have to see if there is a powdered smoke flavor.

I just looked on search... it is available....jut have to see if the supermarket (s) carry it.

302 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:00 pm

bethk

Admin
Tonight the shells seemed like the right thing on the menu.

303 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Barbara101

meatballs.

304 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was grazing all day.
I did have a grenn fried bell peppers and cheese sandwich at 5 PM.
I wasn't gonna cook with Tina sick. She has some kind of stomach intestine thing going on for three days now. She did eat some jello, and a spoon of mashed potatoes...but that was it.
I made frozen meatballs and tater tots and pork and beans for Gabe. He has to eat on time. Diabetic. ......

Maybe I will have some eggs later. It depends if I feel like it!.

305 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Barbara101

leftover meatballs from last night..

306 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:05 pm

bethk

Admin
Hahahaha ~ Close, but no cigar. Buns match! Hahahaha!

Warm day, summer meal.

Why is it the taste of macaroni salad changes with the shape of the pasta you use? Normally, I boil up some mini farfale because I think the shape is easy to stab with a fork. Today I made it with medium shells. Both good, but the taste is definately different. Hmmmm.

307 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Barbara101

Looks great.I make mac salad with elbows.  80 today but big cool down coming.Even frost on Saturday night.Good thing I got lazy and did not buy plants.

308 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Bugster2

Hot day here too. I made a baked penne casserole this morning and will pop it into the oven tonight. Garlic bread and a small Caesar salad will finish it off.

309 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:49 pm

bethk

Admin
They say we'll be in the 40's....but my tomato plants should be fine. I'm hoping the lemon/lime tree is protected enough where it is, too, out of the wind. The rest of my herbs can weather just about anything short of a sleet storm.

310 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Barbara101

Not planting any herbs or veggies. Just flowers and maybe small green shrubs. I have loads of indoor herbs and do not get eaten alive by nasty skeeter's !!!!!

311 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hahahaha ~ Close, but no cigar.  Buns match! Hahahaha!

Warm day, summer meal.

Why is it the taste of macaroni salad changes with the shape of the pasta you use?  Normally, I boil up some mini farfale because I think the shape is easy to stab with a fork.  Today I made it with medium shells.  Both good, but the taste is definately different.  Hmmmm.

A warm day huh?. After all those beans and onions...It's godda be a warm bed under the sheets tonight.  

Now... as far as different pasta shapes tasting different, you are 100% right. We always had found that to be also.
Tina sometimes makes mac and cheese with rigatoni or ziti, and i love it. The elbows are ok, but the rigatoni's have a different taste, Farfalle are NOT for mac and cheese, but with fried cabbage it is outstanding.

312 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Nothing special for supper.
DD just dropped off some hot cross buns, and oatmeal raisin cookies.
I guess I will make a couple of open faced cheese on rye or white.

Actually GD went shopping for Tina today, and picked up hot dog buns for hot dogs tonight.
Then the aide came to shower the uncle, at 6, and before you know, it was 7, and way too late for me to eat, and especially hot dogs.
That's ok, tomorrow is another day, and looking at Beths meal today, that was the inspiration for tomorrows supper.

313 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Barbara101

looking at Beths meal today, that was the inspiration for tomorrows supper.

HEY what about me.Am I chopped liver?

314 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote: looking at Beths meal today, that was the inspiration for tomorrows supper.

HEY what about me.Am I chopped liver?

Awwww! Does Barb want a lollipop too?
hahahahaha..... I'm sorry Barb...but IM SICK of MEATBALLS!!!

It's like that with anything in this house. It would be like thinking of making Corned Beef and Cabbage tomorrow! .... I don't want to L00K at Corned Beef for at least 5 months. What a Face

315 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 am

NormM

Jimmy, I use Old Spice Hickory Smoked Salt. I have not noticed any off flavor with it but I always use it sparingly. Cassie puts it on popcorn.

Last night we had cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce, brussels sprouts pan roasted with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and lemon zest and a salad.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

316 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am

Bugster2

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I use Old Spice Hickory Smoked Salt. I have not noticed any off flavor with it but I always use it sparingly.  Cassie puts it on popcorn.

Last night we had cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce, brussels sprouts pan roasted with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and lemon zest and a salad.  

That sounds really good. Did you make your own alfredo sauce?

317 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I use Old Spice Hickory Smoked Salt. I have not noticed any off flavor with it but I always use it sparingly.  Cassie puts it on popcorn.

Old Spice??.... I didn't know Old Spice made seasonings ??
Huh! .... I use Old Spice After Shave and Colognes .....

318 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 am

NormM

My mistake. It was too early in the morning. I meant Spice Island. Smile

No bugs. The ravioli and alfredo were both store bought. I got them for a side dish but Cassie decided she wanted a meatless dinner. It was loaded with butter and cheese though.

319 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:53 am

Bugster2

I might just have to have that ravioli myself it sounds so good. I think I will use my sauces that I use for my cannelloni: a parmesan béchamel and a marinara.

320 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:13 pm

NormM

I didn't mention that I added some sauteed mushrooms to the ravioli.

321 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Yoday, it's gonna be Hot dogs for supper.

Chili dogs for me.

322 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:23 pm

bethk

Admin
Brats and Warm German Potato Salad for us....sister-in-law is coming to visit for a couple days so I had to think of something 'out of the ordinary' that we haven't had in a long time. I remember when I was growing up, Mom (who wasn't a really inventive cook) always bought and served the canned Read's German Potato Salad. It wasn't until I got married and had time to read my multiple cookbooks that I found a recipe I really liked.

323 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Bugster2

LOL! The canned stuff! I remember that. My parents loved it. Me? Not so much.

You know what else they liked that was canned? Canned Hormel corned beef. Pure grease. Canned Dennison's tamales. Spam. Jarred three bean salad. I also remember a canned chocolate cake of some sort. Canned new potatoes. Canned chili. That is all I can think of right now.

324 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Barbara101

Ha I bought spam just the other week, never had it . Fried a couple slices to have with eggs lol took one bite and tossed it. I do buy canned potatoes . I have 7 can right now. I make fried and add bacon and onion.

325 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina buys that Mary Kitchen brand CB hash. I will eat it if fried crispy....
Tina just heats it and tops it with a over easy egg.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum