Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 ))

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 16]

101 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:
bethk wrote:What a gorgous set-up.  You do great work!


 that and I have to much time on my hands

And Patience Too!!

102 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Oh I like to use my fondue pot.it is orange too lol

103 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:14 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
I think mine is more of a red-orange....

I don't think I used it more than once (it was a wedding gift) but I had to pack it and bring it with us when we moved here. Maybe we'll use it on our 50th wedding anniversary to be able to say it's a 'true' antique! LOL

104 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:19 pm

NormM

avatar
I remember mom making salmon croquettes.  It was one of the few things she made that I didn't like.  I remember brisket braised on the back of  the stove while we went to church.

I remember going out for boiled shrimp, chili dogs, the first tacos in town, and sloppy joes at a drive in.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

105 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Pea soup with added diced ham and potatoes and carrots for supper tonight. Crackers instead of bread. Geeze, I had enough bread and cakes today.

106 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:I remember mom making salmon croquettes.  It was one of the few things she made that I didn't like.  I remember brisket braised on the back of  the stove while we went to church.

I remember going out for boiled shrimp, chili dogs, the first tacos in town, and sloppy joes at a drive in.

I like ham croquettes. Turkey ones, they could keep. Never heard of taco's till we moved to NJ....and even then, they were the old el paso in the kit. Out of ten shells, you were lucky to find three that were not broken. When they came out with the soft shells, then I liked them.

My brother used to make breakfast taco's even before they were popular.
Sausage crumbled and cooked....peppers .... cheese...mushrooms and eggs.
hey are great, and filling for some reason.
In the 80's salsa just hit the shelves, and then Nacho's and cheese.

I remember them at a bar; when a plate of nachos and cheese in the 80's, cost more than 2 beers.

107 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Barbara101

avatar

108 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Barbara101

avatar

109 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Grilled cheese tonight. I cooked a corned beef with Norm's advice and it turned out fine. Stunk up the house though. We are going to make Reuben sandwiches out of it.

110 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:54 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Bugster2 wrote:Grilled cheese tonight. I cooked a corned beef with Norm's advice and it turned out fine. Stunk up the house though. We are going to make Reuben sandwiches out of it.

That's a matter of opinion....I like the smell of cooking corned beef in the house. It reminds me of a wonderful comfort meal. I even like the smell of cabbage simmering away, if it's for corned beef & cabbage or cabbage rolls or just haluski with smoked sausage and egg noodles.

111 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 am

Imelda HL

avatar
Hi I'm back cheers , I know, I've been gone for too long, too much to catch up bounce

I just got back last night, Dirk drove to LA airport to pick me, we spent a night there and drove back the next day.. we stopped by at the stores to get bunch of veggies and some meat, today is a relaxing day, woke up late and went to the noon mass, then I cooked some easy meal, baked salmon with veggies in foil pouches, it tasted so good, I guess after more than 6 weeks eating my local foods, my salmon tasted so refreshing, so clean and light, and of course Dirk gave me his thumb-up cheers



I served it on wild rice


112 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Welcome back Imelda...
I sure do know there is a happy man named Dirk Out there in Imelda Land ! LOL

Just remember..... "There's No Place Like Home!" .....

Enjoy! ....

113 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Grilled cheese tonight. I cooked a corned beef with Norm's advice and it turned out fine. Stunk up the house though. We are going to make Reuben sandwiches out of it.

That's a matter of opinion....I like the smell of cooking corned beef in the house.  It reminds me of a wonderful comfort meal.  I even like the smell of cabbage simmering away, if it's for corned beef & cabbage or cabbage rolls or just haluski with smoked sausage and egg noodles.

Aside from cooking smells.... I love the smell of New Tires at the auto parts show rooms like at Sams Club.
Also love the smell of Fuel Oil ( Diesel Fuel ) and gasoline.

Oh! And the smell of burnt toast. Ummm! I could call Tina to wake up, and she okay's me 20 times and falls back to sleep. One slice of burnt toast smell in the house, and she jumps right up sniff sniff sniffing, and saying Ummm, Do I smell toast?? .... I used to wake up the whole house, with one slice of toast. Twisted Evil

114 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:36 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Welcome Back, Imelda!

You have been missed. A lot.

I can imagine you'll be exhausted and needing to catch up on sleep and getting the house back in order (they do a good job but just not always the way we do it....).

How is your mom doing? The rest of your family? When you have time, bring us up to date on the last month & a half.

115 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 am

Bugster2

avatar
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Grilled cheese tonight. I cooked a corned beef with Norm's advice and it turned out fine. Stunk up the house though. We are going to make Reuben sandwiches out of it.

That's a matter of opinion....I like the smell of cooking corned beef in the house.  It reminds me of a wonderful comfort meal.  I even like the smell of cabbage simmering away, if it's for corned beef & cabbage or cabbage rolls or just haluski with smoked sausage and egg noodles.

Aside from cooking smells.... I love the smell of New Tires at the auto parts show rooms like at Sams Club.
Also love the smell of Fuel Oil ( Diesel Fuel ) and gasoline.

Oh! And the smell of burnt toast. Ummm! I could call Tina to wake up, and she okay's me 20 times and falls back to sleep. One slice of burnt toast smell in the house, and she jumps right up sniff sniff sniffing, and saying Ummm, Do I smell toast?? .... I used to wake up the whole house, with one slice of toast.  Twisted Evil

Sounds like you would love the smell of a wrecking yard - all of that gear oil. YUM! LOL!
What gets us going is the smell of bacon and turkey dressing. Cinnamon is another one.
When I was a child I loved the smell of fresh mimeograph printed paper that we would get in grade school. The entire class would sniff those papers when the teacher passed them around.

116 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 am

Barbara101

avatar
WELCOME back Imelda  


The only thing I do not like to smell in the kitchen is rotten eggs and broccoli.Oh and rotten potato.

117 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Ewwww ~ Rotten Potato in the bag....somewhere in the pantry......cannot find it......STINKY !!!!

118 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
LOL.... What is this? A Fetish Forum? hahahahahaha

What smell I can't stand.... is The Monkey's at the Zoo!

119 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Norm had a good rotten potato experience: rotten potato frosting on cupcakes. LOL!

120 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

NormM

avatar
Everything in the pantry was tainted with potato smell, even things in cellophane packages that had not been open.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

121 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:Everything in the pantry was tainted with potato smell, even things in cellophane packages that had not been open.

Kinda like a fart in the car with the windows closed huh? affraid

122 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Tonights supper = Shepherds Pie.
Tina cooking it.

123 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Bugster2

avatar
I will never forget that one! Oh, that must have tasted foul!

124 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:09 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
I opened the freezer and saw the quart of jambalaya....that'd do just fine. I didn't feel like spending hours cleaning the tiny little river shrimp so I just browned some additional smoked sausage and figured it would be just fine. I was right.....

125 Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Here is the Shepherds Pie.
I asked for cheese on it, and Tina topped it with some Cheddar Cheese.


Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum