Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

and I call him "Mr. Amazing"....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... Empty and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

According to mapquest, it is a 17 hr. drive from our Ohio home to our little villa here in The Villages.

Dane hit the road around 6 p.m. (after working all day....) and arrived here a little before 10 a.m. ~ he would have been a little earlier but took the wrong exit off I-75 and had to back-track.

He figures he's been up about 35 - 36 hours and is insistant upon going out to eat with friends tonight before he finally hits the bed.

and people wonder why I would refer to him as Mr. Amazing....

(as in ~ what an amazingly dumb thing to do....but, he said he considered stopping but was so "wired" and excited to be on his way that he didn't think he could settle himself down to sleep.)

I'm just happy he got here in one piece and he assures me he didn't speed or take unnecessary risks. He does look happy to be here as we sat in the courtyard with a cocktail. I just hope he stays awake through supper. If he falls asleep on the drive home I'll just lean the seat back and let him be....

2and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... Empty Re: and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... Sun May 26, 2013 4:01 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

oh my... 17 hours driving? he must be very tired after a long drive.. we (My DH) drove more than 7 hours yesterday, about 460 miles, I was more tired than my husband who drove all the way Rolling Eyes , we only stopped twice for gas and pitstop... and on our trip last March, he never drove more than 8 hours, we always stopped and stayed at the hotel for resting..

I'm glad he made it safe and sound.. I hope you have tons of fun on this weekend
and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 3921676023 and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 635107192 and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 4165659054 and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 829809188 and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 266346835 and I call him "Mr. Amazing".... 3593629538

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum