Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 ))

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

51 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:



I forgot what green peppers do to me.Took 2 pills instead of one.lol.

Looks really good Barb. Worth a few Burps.

52 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Chicken chunks w/hoisen glaze, Rice-A-Roni and Steamed Broccoli.


Looks good enough for me to try. The chicken looks well cooked from here.

Guess What??.... KFC just brought back the popcorn chicken here by us.
They are really crunchy and dry.

53 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:10 pm

NormM

avatar
I ordered some BBQ from Fiorella's Jack Stack on Wed. and it got here the next day. That is almost as fast as waiting in line at the restaurant any more. Zagat has rated it the best BBQ restaurant in the country and it the wait time is always a couple of hours and they don't take reservations. I used to enjoy eating there because of the ambiance as much as anything. I think people who rate restaurants on Zagat are mostly from out of town. People in Kansas City wouldn't rate it #1 in town, I don't think, but I cooked (re heated) some of it last night and made some coleslaw with a sweet vinaigrette instead of mayo, some potato salad and some BBQ beans from a can. It was good but it was missing the atmosphere.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

54 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:I ordered some BBQ from Fiorella's Jack Stack on Wed. and it got here the next day.  That is almost as fast as waiting in line at the restaurant any more.  Zagat has rated it the best BBQ restaurant in the country and it the wait time is always a couple of hours and they don't take reservations.  I used to enjoy eating there because of the ambiance as much as anything. I think people who rate restaurants on Zagat are mostly from out of town.  People in Kansas City wouldn't rate it #1 in town, I don't think, but I cooked (re heated) some of it last night and made some coleslaw with a sweet vinaigrette instead of mayo, some potato salad and some BBQ beans from a can. It was good but it was missing the atmosphere.

Norm...I'm Lost!!! LOL
How far away is the place, and did the delivery person have to walk miles to your home??? .... Maybe I'm missing something here! Smile

55 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:35 pm

NormM

avatar
I ordered it online and it came frozen and packed in dry ice. I think delivery was UPS. There are 4 different Jack Stack restaurants in K.C. but the closest one is about 9 or 10 miles away. There is enough meat in the freezer from them for a couple more meals.

You can order it to be delivered to your house if you want. I sent some to a friend in Long Valley New Jersey for Christmas. It took 3 or 4 days if i recall correctly.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

56 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:I ordered it online and it came frozen and packed in dry ice.  I think delivery was UPS. There are 4 different Jack Stack restaurants in K.C. but the closest one is about 9 or 10 miles away. There is enough meat in the freezer from them for a couple more meals.

You can order it to be delivered to your house if you want. I sent some to a friend in Long Valley New Jersey for Christmas. It took 3 or 4 days if i recall correctly.

How about that. Long Valley ( LV ) is a stones throw across the river from where we live here in Hackettstown, NJ.

57 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
The other night, we were supposed to have chili dogs.
That was pushed back to yesterday, and that never happened.
I made a new recipe for chili sauce. It came out very bland with flat taste. Why??...because it had no salt in the recipe. I added salt, and cooked it further, but to no avail....still flat.
I lastly added a little onion powder to kick it up a bit from the original recipe of only 1 Tablespoon of diced onion to the 1 LB of beef.

We will try it tonight, but I have doubts it will be a keeper. I still like my recipe for the Greek Style chili sauce.

58 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Barbara101

avatar



Thin crust plain heirloom tomato & cheese pizza.

59 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Niagara Visitor


My dinner? Some canned salmon, chopped red and yellow pepper, some snap peas, a little onion, a bit of mayo, lots of black pepper. Yumm!

60 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Pizza looks good....haven't done that in a long while. Actually, I think I have some dough in the freezer.....gotta think about that

I had a late lunch with the ladies, Dane's not hungry....nothing going tonight.

61 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Barbara101

avatar
lol flour tortilla,for the crust.

I made pizza dough last week & put in the freezer.

62 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Chili Dogs .... Uh Uh!... Chili was like eating saw dust flavored with liptons onion soup mix. It is not a keeper. #1...is there are no tomatoes of any kind in the recipe.
No salt, and no oil. Had 1/8 tsp. of powdered cloves. N O T !!!

63 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:lol flour tortilla,for the crust.

I made pizza dough last week & put in the freezer.

Ya know what makes great pizza crusts???
Those pita bread crusts.... We make pizza's for one in the toaster oven by slitting the pita pockets (whole wheat ones sometime ) in half, and brushing the bottoms with oil, then adding tomatoes and toppings etc. onto the tops.
Really good for a quick pizza wish.

64 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Barbara101

avatar
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:lol flour tortilla,for the crust.

I made pizza dough last week & put in the freezer.

Ya know what makes great pizza crusts???
Those pita bread crusts.... We make pizza's for one in the toaster oven by slitting the pita pockets (whole wheat ones sometime ) in half, and brushing the bottoms with oil, then adding tomatoes and toppings etc. onto the tops.
Really good for a quick pizza wish.



sounds good.I may get some. I will look for them. I tried those Bobo/something


??????.... but I never bought it again.

65 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:lol flour tortilla,for the crust.

I made pizza dough last week & put in the freezer.

Ya know what makes great pizza crusts???
Those pita bread crusts.... We make pizza's for one in the toaster oven by slitting the pita pockets (whole wheat ones sometime ) in half, and brushing the bottoms with oil, then adding tomatoes and toppings etc. onto the tops.
Really good for a quick pizza wish.



sounds good.I may get some. I will look for them. I tried those Bobo/something


??????.... but I never bought it again.

Yeah! The boboli...A guy from Baltimore developed them; I know cause my brother knew him. My brother worked for Fair Lanes bowling centers in MD and was in Marketing for 12 centers.

The boboli are too thick. OK for a try, but we prefer the thinner crusts.

66 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:44 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
As usual, the question of the day was, 'what should we have to eat?'

I checked the freezer and saw a couple good sized cubed beef steaks, something I would normally use for chicken fried steak. But that didn't sound good to me. So I looked in the refrigerator and saw a bunch of the leftover cut up vegetables from taco night.....hmmmmm.

So, I'm calling tonight's meal Salisbury Steak with vegetable ragu over rice and steamed broccoli.

I could have called it George and that would have been fine, too. I'm a big believer in 'it IS whatever I say it is....'

67 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Looks great to me.. I am fixin leftovers in a minute..

68 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Barbara101

avatar

69 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
L00KS good to me too.
I would call it braised steak with onions over rice. yummy

70 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Yours looks great too Barb.

Here is what we are having (( X?X?X?X?X?X?X?X?X?X?X?X? )) Isn't that delicious looking?

Actually...it will be whatevers for tonight.

71 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Thank you Jimmy.My veggie drawer is now empty.

72 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
nice that your steak warmed and is still a beautiful medium. I wouldn't turn that down on my dinner table, that's for sure!

73 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Barbara101

avatar
I had it at room temp for awhile then just pan heated it for a minute a side.

74 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:nice that your steak warmed and is still a beautiful medium.  I wouldn't turn that down on my dinner table, that's for sure!

You know what Beth. The same thought came to mind, but you put it in writing.
My thoughts were, " I wonder if steaming it would prevent it from cooking well internally?" ....

75 Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
I had a burger from Micky D's....a hot dog with emerald relish and mustard....and Irish Soda Bread. They are already flooding the markets with Soda Bread for next month!
Knock on wood (my head)... the stomach has been quiet lately since not eating heavy after 7 PM.

Gabe had some shrimp cocktail and crackers for supper plus a chocolate cup cake.

Tina had Soda Bread, and that was it. (so far)

Tomorrow we are having a roast Pork Tenderloin and potato dumplings.
Tina will make a meat sauce for GD to have spaghetti.
Gabe will get chicken breast in gravy and his sweet potato tots.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum