Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alice Springs Chicken

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Alice Springs Chicken on Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Barbara101

LOVE LOVE this. from Outback.

recipe is in a file .I will have to find it..

Honey Mustard Marinade (Divided):
1 c. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 c. honey
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
Chicken:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 c. sliced mushrooms (10?12 mushrooms)
2 Tbsp. butter
salt and pepper
paprika
8 slices bacon, cooked
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley

Instructions

Use an electric mixer to combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whip the mixture for about 30 seconds. Pour about HALF of the marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Chill the remaining marinade until later. After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and heat an ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold all four breasts and 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. (If you don't have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer the chicken to a baking dish).
Sear the chicken in the pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove pan from heat but keep chicken in the pan. As the chicken is cooking, in a small frying pan saute the mushrooms in the butter. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion that the chicken soaked in) being sure to save a little extra that you can serve on the side later with the dish.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise on each chicken breast. Spoon the sauteed mushrooms onto the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese evenly onto each breast followed by 1/4 cup of Cheddar.
Bake the pan of prepared chicken breasts for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to bubble. Sprinkle each breast with 1/2 teaspoon parsley before serving. Put extra honey mustard marinade into a small bowl to serve on the side.

2 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm

NormM

I'm going to make this tomorrow!

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Tue May 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Barbara101

gosh I need to make it too I don't have bacon nor mushrooms. Need to get some.

I love this Chicken. The first time I had it,it was so good. I went back to Outback & got to go order.

got a blooming onion too. dinner was so good that night Smile

4 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

NormM

Well I went to Trader Joe's for the first time in almost 8 months to get some orange champagne vinegar, valencia oranges, and honey. I also got some chicken breasts and bacon for this dish only to find out that Charlie and Cassie have plans to take me out to Houlihan's tomorrow. Something isn't right with my car either. It wasn't driving right. Front end was wobbling and brakes seemed funny too.

5 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Thu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Admin

Admin
NormM wrote:Well I went to Trader Joe's for the first time in almost 8 months to get some orange champagne vinegar, valencia oranges, and honey. I also got some chicken breasts and bacon for this dish only to find out that Charlie and Cassie have plans to take me out to Houlihan's tomorrow. Something isn't right with my car either. It wasn't driving right. Front end was wobbling and brakes seemed funny too.

Norm, sounds like you might need to go visit your friendly neighborhood mechanic! Gosh, but I hate when my car doesn't "feel" right ~ it usually means $$ will be flying out of my wallet! It was so much easier when we had my '65 Mustang. Dane could fix anything on that car, and, most probably did in all the years we owned it. I still miss it!

http://cookingfriends.forumotion.com

6 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Thu May 09, 2013 2:26 pm

NormM

It just came back from the mechanic and it did cost a lot but it should be good to go for a few more years now.

7 Re: Alice Springs Chicken on Thu May 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Crybaby

This sounds and looks delicious, B. Brian would love it, too, especially because of the bacon!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum